Prologue- Scars

Y/n pov

Slowly opening your eyes you were greeted by the bright sun shining right at your face, letting out a groan you slowly lift your head and rub your eyes. You could hear the sounds of people chatting around you, giggles and chuckled being heard now and then. Lowering your hand you were suprised to see that you were sitting in professor Ports classroom, the Apple shaped teacher himself standing at his desk telling one of his many stories.

Y/n: (thoughts) I'm....back at Beacon?

???: look who finally decided to wake up.

Looking in the direction the voice came from you and slightly widen your eyes at the sight of Sapphire sitting next to you.

Y/n: (Suprised) Sapphie?

You quickly lean over your desk and look past Sapphire, widening your eyes more at the sight of Thorin, alive and well sitting with Olivia. Looking over the classroom you realized that everyone was fine, Beacon was fine. Hear the sound of giggling to your right you look over and see team RWBY fooling around like always, Ruby showing a badly drawn image of Weiss with her weapon to the others girls. Yang was trying to muffle her giggling with her hands, Weiss was glaring with anger at Ruby while Blake was minding her own business like usual.

Y/n: (thoughts) was it... just a dream?

Feeling a tap on your shoulder you turn around and notice Sapphire looking at you withslight worry.

Sapphire: (worried) Hey, is something wrong?

You felt your eyes start to tear up as you look at her, reaching out you softly take her hand in yours, squeezing it softly.

Y/n: I'm so glad you're all okay.

Sapphire: what are you talking about? Of course we're fine.

Y/n: I saw Beacon burning, White Fang and Grimm storming the school and causing chaos across Vale. Yang lost her arm, I lost my leg and Thorin....

You squeezed your eyes shut as tears slowly ran down.

Y/n: I couldn't do anything... I couldn't save anyone...

Sapphire watched as you tried to fight back your tears, confused and worried over seeing you in this state.

Sapphire: It's alright, Y/n. No one is hurt, I'm sure it was just a dream....

Y/n: (thoughts) A dream? Yeah... It must have been, just a horrible nightmare.... Calm down, Y/n. It's all over.

You slowly took deep breaths as you wiped your eyes, getting your emotions back in control. Sapphire gave you a soft smile as she squeezed your hand.

Sapphire: We're always here for you, Always.

Looking over at Thorin and Olivia you noticed that they seemingly saw your little breakdown, the two giving you a soft smile in hopes of comforting you. You smiled back as you sat back up straight.

Y/n: (thoughts) it was just a dream...

Hearing the sound of the bell ringing to signal the end of class, You watch as everyone start getting up from their seats and leave the classroom. Looking over at Professor Port you notice him being abit disappointed he didn't get to finish whatever story of his younger days he was telling.

Sapphire: (packing up her stuff) Ready to go, Y/n?

Y/n: Oh, um.. You three can go on ahead, I'll catch up.

Sapphire: Alright, just don't take too long. I can only handle so much of hearing Nora's crazy dreams.

You chuckle and watch as the three of them slip past you and walk out of the classroom, the sound of chatter coming from students being heard in the hallway as the door opens. As the door closes you let out a sigh, running your fingers through your hair.