Vernon's Pov

After gambling to my hearts content, I'm ready to carry on with my night schedule.
As I was busy thinking about the reckless girl who caught my attention today, I saw her pass by the washroom, towards the elevator.

I knew I had to follow her.
I sneaked upto the elevator and slid in right before it closed.

"We meet again", she said as I stood next to her

I silently nodded at her unpredictability.
She was acting all cool down there

"Let's grab a drink", she suggested.
"to celebrate your loss?", I nonchalantly added.

"What makes you think I lost?", she smirked right at me.

An interesting piece of art... And Art needs to be given time to be appreciated.

"sure.", I replied.
.

.

Your Pov

After a few rounds of whiskey, I saw vernon getting worked up.

He loosened his tie knot and ended up rolling the sleeves of his white shirt, as a lump started forming in the back of my throat.
I should not be attracted this easily.

"so

"so.. Where are your tiny friends in black suits with those gun toys?", I initiated a conversation with a smile.

"Probably guarding their master", he let out an airy smirk before continuing,
"You see.. It doesn't really make a difference if I'm there or not.

But those guns... Toy guns.. Are crazy real"

The vibe around us was chill with a live jazz performance in the background and wine collections upfront.

Now is the time to do what I'm here for.
I took the glass from his hand and shifted closer.
He shifted an inch oh his bar stool motioning to get away from me.

"You've got ten seconds to surrender Chwe Hansol sshi"
"or should I address you as
Godfather Chwe Vernon?",
I swiftly drew my gun from the hidden holster stuck to my thigh, and placed it on his waist.

The said man's face showed no signs of fear or remorse as he sat calm and composed, right leg over left.

Astonished at what he did next, my hands grabbed the gun tightly and further poked it in his body.
I couldn't even fathom how rapidly he leant over my body holding my waist in his strong hands.
He closed the minimum gap between us with a cold yet amused look at his face.
My breath hitched as I felt his stable warm exhales on my neck.

"You think you got this far using this silly little gamble?", he almost whispered.

The bar still had people around so I couldn't shoot him just yet, but I had made up my mind that if he tries to escape, I won't hesitate to.

But to my bewilderment, Instead of fleeing, he was constantly pulling me towards himself.

"I know you're an Interpol agent,
Ms Y/n sshi", he broke the silence with a husky voice giving me a devious smirk.

"and I know you won't shoot in a crowded place baby girl",
My hands felt detached from my body upon hearing his words.
How does he know me, I never made a mistake during this mission.
How did he recognize me when there's no record of my identity

"You must be wondering... What mistake did you make
That I got to know about your identity... Right?", he came further in closer to my face as I loaded the gun with my thumb.

"Because I fell in love with you when we first met....

At the accident scene of Mr Ryok, my godfather, whom you framed into committing suicide.

I was there with him.", he said with a hint of sadness in his tone.
My eyes widened in shock as my hand fell from its position, the gun still in grasp.

"I wanted to see you.. So I let you come to me."

"and now... You're mine."