Chapter Twenty-Six

Trigger warning: I don't know uh- mention of death I guess?

Jack Manifold? JACK MANIFOLD? OOOOH JACK MANIFOLD! Jack Manifall ^~^ fall off bridge Jack Manifall off bridge? Jack Manibahhhh ...
Jack Manidrown.
Dodododo
OH GOD-

Mmmmmm am I relaying this? Yeah because it's funny.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Tubbo sat on a small brick wall. It was snowing. He had proper winter attire. He was sitting by himself. He was holding his phone. He was staring down at his text messages. The messages were sent to Ranboo specifically. There was no response to any of them. They were all long messages talking about how his day was and what him and Tommy were doing.

"You should really stop texting his number Tubs." Tommy muttered, climbing up onto the wall. "You can't keep hoping he'll respond."

"I know... I just hope maybe Dream is reading them..." Tubbo turned his phone off. Tommy scoffed.

"Probably not. Ranboo's phone is probably in a shoebox somewhere." Tubbo stared down at his phone.

"Yeah... You're right... How the adoption going? Any news?" Tommy smiled.

"Kristen should be signing papers soon."

"And Phil?" Tommy's smile faded a bit.

"He's gonna be signing as soon as he wakes up..." They both got quiet for a while. Tubbo stared down at his phone. Tommy picked at his gloves. "It's been three months..." Tommy muttered eventually. Tubbo nodded.

"Have you gotten a hold of Fundy at all? Have you seen him?"

"Wilbur said his depression got worse and he attempted a few weeks ago. I haven't seen him though."

"Wilbur's homeschooling him right?"

"Yeah. He told me Fundy said he didn't want to go to school and see all the candles and stuff anymore. Purpled's stuff is still at his locker, ain't it?"

"They're probably gonna get rid of it soon if it still is. I don't know. I dropped out, remember?"

"Yeah... At least it lasted three and a half months though." Tommy laughed a little. Tubbo giggled.

"Yeah. I'm sure wherever Purpled's spirit is, he's extremely annoyed it's still there." The two laughed again.

"How's Quackity been? I haven't seen him in a while."

"He's been the same. Him and Ranboo weren't really friends, remember?"

"Right..." Tubbo continued to stare at his phone. "Is Dream back at school yet?"

"No. We still have the substitute. Techno's been visiting him. So have Sapnap and George."

"Is Techno alright? I know him and Ranboo had gotten close."

"He's been moody but he's doing better I think." Tubbo nodded. His phone lit up. Tommy looked down at his phone. "What was that?" Tubbo stared at the notification.

"It's... Ranboo..."

"What?!" Tubbo opened his phone.

Ranboo My Beloved
Hi! I don't think you know this but I believe you're texting the wrong number mate. 4:28 PM

Tubbo stared down at the text, as did Tommy. Tommy visibly got upset. Tubbo just continued to stare at the message.

"He got rid of Ranboo's phone?!" Tommy shouted. "What the fuck?!"

"He probably couldn't pay Ranboo's phone bill forever. The phone was never being used..." Tubbo muttered.

"But he knew you were texting his number!" Tubbo shrugged and hopped off the wall.

"I'm gonna head home. J should be making dinner soon." Tubbo muttered. Tommy hopped off the wall as well.

"But-"

"I'll see you later, Tommy." Tubbo started walking down the street. He looked down at the text again. He read to multiple times before answering.

Sorry. I didn't know the phone bill was canceled. This was my friend's number... He passed away, I guess you could say, a few months ago. 4:36 PM

###-###-####
Oh! I'm so sorry to hear that... 4:36 PM

###-###-####
You can keep texting me! I like hearing about your day. It's the highlight of mine. :) 4:37 PM

Tubbo smiled a little. They seemed nice. Maybe he will keep texting them...

Pog. What's your name? 4:37 PM

###-###-####
You can call me Jack. What about you? What's your name? 4:37 PM

Tubbo :) 4:38 PM

Tubbo put his phone in his pocket and pulled out his house keys. He walked up to his house and unlocked the front door. He opened the door and walked in. He closed the door before taking off his shoes.

"J? I'm home! What are we having for dinner?" Tubbo called into the house. He waited a few seconds for a response. "J?!" He called again, a bit louder this time. He sighed and went to the kitchen. He grabbed a bag of chips before heading to his room.