Chapter Nineteen

Trigger warning: mention of death, mentions of multiple injuries, PTSD not from Techno this time what a shocker, technically self harm (?)

•~•~•~•~•~•

Ranboo groaned, blinking a bit. Was he laying in a bed? How'd he get here? He was laying in the school hallway not too long ago with... Oh god... were Techno and Tubbo dead?! Where are they?! Ranboo attempted to sit up. He yelped in pain and laid back down.

"Ranboo!" Dream shouted. Ranboo turned his head slightly to look at him. There was crutches not too far away from where the older male was sitting. Dream smiled before pressing a button on a small remote that was connected to the wall by a wire. Not too soon after, a nurse and doctor walked in.

Ranboo stared at his hands. Dream had left the room to go somewhere. He didn't say where. Ranboo was sitting up a little bit now. Everything hurt. His arm was in a cast. There was burns covering half of his right leg. He couldn't remember from what though. He couldn't really remember anything.

"Ranboo!" Fundy threw open the door and ran in. Quackity and Tommy weren't too far behind. Tommy pushed Fundy out of the way and jumped onto the bed, hugging Ranboo tightly.

"Tommy, that hurts." Ranboo muttered softly, laughing a bit. Tommy let go of him. "It's nice to know you care." Ranboo giggled. Tommy's face flushed with embarrassment.

"No! I don't care about you! You suck! You stole Tubbo!" Tommy stood up and glared at Ranboo. Ranboo smiled and hummed in response. Fundy sat on the bed next to Ranboo. Quackity sat in the chair Dream had been sitting in.

"Speaking of Tubbo..." Fundy started softly. Ranboo looked at Fundy, his smile fading. Fundy looked at Quackity.

"Tubbo's lost his voice. He's asleep right now but otherwise he's fine."

"But he wasn't shot where his vocal cords were from what I remember..."

"The doctors somehow fucked up his vocal cords. There's a possibility he gets his voice back but it's slim." Quackity explained. "Techno is in a coma, again. He had burns all over his body, glass lodged in all different places, and died for a bit before they revived him. The window had protected you guys from the grenade mostly. You guys mainly just had burns and glass stuck in your skin."

"Was anyone else hurt?" Ranboo muttered. Tommy tensed at the question.

"Mr. Minecraft..." Quackity started softly.

"Phil's dead." Fundy said quietly. "They couldn't save him in time. He was shot in the chest... Dad hasn't really left the house since he was told about his death..."

"A few police officers died too."

"They shot the bastard who did this but he's still out there. They didn't catch him." Tommy muttered.

"How long have I been out?"

"About a month." Fundy muttered. "But hey you're just in time for all the holidays!" Fundy said happily. Ranboo smiled a little and nodded.

"Nice..." He mumbled. "I'm gonna sleep... I'm a bit tired."

"Oh- Of course! We'll come visit later." Fundy stood up. Quackity stood up as well.

"You guys might visit later but not me. Fuck you, Ranboo." Quackity turned and left. Tommy ran after him. Fundy rolled his eyes. Ranboo watched them all leave. He waited for a bit before looking down at his lap. Tears rolled down his face. Gunshots rang in his ears. Ranboo closed his eyes and covered his ears trying to it block out. They didn't stop. He wanted the gunshots to stop. They were too loud. A woman's scream rang out before another gunshot went off.

"Ranboo! Hey! Listen to me! Ranboo!" Dream shouted, pulling at Ranboo's hand. "Ranboo! You're hurting yourself!" Ranboo flinched before looking up at Dream. Tears were pouring down his face.

"They're so loud..." Ranboo muttered. Dream hugged the boy tightly. Ranboo sobbed into Dream's shoulder. "I want them to go away!" He shouted.

"I know..."