Chapter Seventeen

Trigger warning: mentions of death and typos (probably)

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Techno and Phil stood in shock. Purpled's dead? That couldn't be right. Punz had moved the gun and got shot in the hand... right? That is what he saw, right? Purpled couldn't be dead. The bullet never hit the kid.

"Momma!" Punz shouted, causing Techno to turn his head. Punz ran into the waiting area and went over to his and Purpled's mom. "What's going on?! What happened?!" His mother latched onto him, sobbing.

"Your brother..! He's gone!" She shouted. Punz tensed up. He held his mother closer to him. His hand was bandaged tightly. His white sweatshirt was changed to a black one, probably to hide blood stains. "You're the last one I have left, Punz. Don't do anything idiotic. Please."

"I won't Ma. I promise. It's getting late. Let's go home. How'd you get here?"

"I drove." She wiped her face as he walked her out. Punz glanced at Techno.

"I told you not to drive. You're too sick. You should've called me. What if you got into an accident?" Phil glanced at Punz before looking up at Techno.

"Isn't that-" Techno looked at Phil.

"Purpled just died. I don't want the poor woman's heart to break even more. Can you just drive me home?"

"Sure thing mate..."

Ranboo set a candle down in front of Purpled's locker. A bunch of photos were taped to his locker, as were flowers. A bunch of candles and a stuffed animal or two were on the ground in front of it. A few sticky notes were slapped on the locker as well.

"Are they still not telling us how he died?" Tommy asked. Tubbo shook his head.

"We only know that Purpled tried to rob someone with a friend or something." Tubbo muttered. Ranboo stood up and turned to his friends.

"I don't think they are gonna release anything since he was a minor." Ranboo hugged himself. Tubbo looked up at him.

"Well, I'm glad you're not dead too. Where have you been the past few weeks?"

"Oh- I got really sick. Couldn't come to school." Ranboo lied. Tubbo nodded.

"I think I could've told you that one, Tubbo. Look how skinny he fucking looks." Tommy pointed out. Tubbo shrugged.

"I didn't notice. He's been skinny the entire time we've known him."

"Yeah whatever."

"Can you stop checking me out, Tommy? I know I'm hot but you don't gotta undress me with your eyes." Ranboo teased.

"I am not, you fucking bitch! I was just pointing out the obvious! You're fucking ugly and I hate you!" Tommy shouted. Ranboo laughed. Tubbo shook his head.

"Tommy, stop cussing in the halls." Phil stated while walking passed. The three looked at him. Ranboo glanced at his friends before following Phil.

"Hey Mr. Minecraft?"

"Yeah? What's up?" Phil looking up from the paper his was reading. Ranboo pulled at his sleeves a bit, getting quiet for a little while. "Ranboo?"

"There's a rumor going around you were at the hospital when Purpled's death was announced. Do you know how he died?" Phil stopped walking and stared at Ranboo. Ranboo tensed a bit. "I-I know it's a bit morbid but we, his friends, would like to know what happened." Ranboo muttered. Phil glanced at the other kids that were walking in the halls. He sighed and nodded.

"I'll tell Tommy later. He can tell you guys. Now, get to class. You're gonna be late." Ranboo nodded and ran back to Tubbo and Tommy. "No running in the halls!" Phil called to him. Ranboo turned to look at him with a pout. Phil shook his head and opened Techno's classroom door. Techno looked at him, setting a paper down on a student's desk.

"You don't have class this period." Phil pointed out.

"Don't you have tests to grade?"

"I didn't give any tests yesterday or today." Techno rolled his eyes and went back to putting papers on desks. "So what are you doing?"

"My next class has a test. So you got suspended like 3 weeks ago, right? How'd that happen?" Techno asked.

"I was accused of sleeping with my students."

"Ew."

"I know. Honestly, the school board is a headache."

"Ain't that the truth." Techno muttered. "So who'd you sleep with?"

"You're a fucking headache too. Sometimes I think you're worse than the school board." Phil crossed his arms. Techno laughed.

"I'm only joking. I know you wouldn't sleep with anyone other than your wife."

"Bruh. Can we not talk about this?"

"Sure whatever." Techno placed the last test down.

"So have you found Punz yet?" Techno glanced at Phil.

"No. I still can't figure it out though. I never heard a gunshot outside nor did a bullet ever hit him." Techno muttered.

"Why are you getting shot at and robbed these days anyways?"

"I don't know. It sucks. Just builds more trauma than I already have." Phil nodded, looking down at his feet. He hesitated before speaking up again.

"When was the last time you went to see your-"

Bang!