11

The next few days slowly passed. The waters warmed and turned from gray to blue as the Volkvony carried you back to Ravka. Strumhonds crew was mde up of rogue grisha and sailors who operated and made the ship run smoothly. Even if there were rumors about Mal and Alina, the crew payed them no attention.

Alina would only summon at noon to keep their location safe. Mal was still very wary and worried about ALina but she always made sure to reassure him that she was fine and that the sea whip's power was now apart of her.

"Tamar" Sturmhond chided, "please don't damage the cargo". Tamar quickly turned around and gave a crisp, "da Kaptain". "I'm not a package you're delivering, Sturmhond" said Alina sourly. "More's the pity" he said walking over to you at the railing. "Packages don't talk, and they stay where you put them.

"You okay?" he asked leaning his head on your shoulder, "I'm fine" you replied. You lifted up your arm and rested your hand on his head. Your way blew in wind as the squallers pushed the ship forward.

"What's up with them?" asked Mal, "I have no idea" Alina said. "Do you think they know each other?" asked Alina, leaning against the railing. "I dunno. But I do remember them being all touchy yesterday" said Mal, "or they're just fucking". Alina slapped Mal's shoulder as he let out a laugh. You turned your head around to see Alina hitting Mal while he pretended to block her attacks.

"I don't want to go back to Ravka" you said, "if we go back, he'll find us". "He won't find us, y/n" said Sturmhond, "with me here, he won't stand a chance". "I'm gonna go change into my kefta" you said, giving Sturmhond a kiss on the cheek.

You walked away and went down below decks. Sturmhond had a massive grin on his face and turned around to see Mal and Alina with their eyebrows raised. "Saints" he mumbled. "y/n just kissed you" said Mal. "Yeah, he did. Why did he?" Alina asked. "How should I know." retorted Sturmhond. "We see you two being touchy. We hear the grisha talking about it too" said Alina.

You walked back up from Sturmhonds quarters in your black kefta. It had all of your knives safely hidden and protected in the sleeves and the inner lining. You walked back over to the railing where Sturmhond, Mal and Alina were. "I never asked, but why do you wear black?" asked Alina, "the darkling requests I do".

You wrapped your scarf around your neck and your head. "But hes not here anymore. You can wear other colors" said Mal, but you looked away. "What is that?" asked Alina, "what is what?" you questioned. She reached closer and pulled out a small piece of folded parchment. "It's nothing" you said trying to take it from her but she pulled it away from your reach.

"It's nothing. Give it back" you said. Your tone cracked. Alina unfolded it and read a few of the lines, but you quickly snatched it from her when she was lost in thought. You folded it back up and placed it deeper into your kefta.

"You saved a letter from the darkling" said Alina. The four of you went silent. You opened your mouth to speak but nothing came out. "Why do you have a letter from the darkling?" she asked, "you can tell us". "Don't tell me you still feel something for him after everything he did" said Mal.

"and if I do?" you questioned, "I can still feel something for him cause he wasn't all that bad". Sturmhonds face was red and he walked off back to the rest of his crew. "y/n-". "I don't wanna hear it" you sniffed, walking back below decks.

Days went by and Mal, Tamar, and Alina started on the rapiers and the sabers. Sturmhond quickly joined in to get his mind off of everything. Mal was improving daily but Sturmhond could still easily beat him. But he didn't seem to mind. "How did you and Tolya learn to use your power?" Alina asked Tamar as they watched Mal and Sturmhond sparr with dulled swords.

"Keep your elbows in!" Sturmhond berated Mal. "stop flapping them like a chicken". Mal let out a small clucking sound and Tamar almost burst into laughter. "Your friend seems to be enjoying himself," she said.

Alina shrugged. "Mal's always been like that. You could put him in a fjerdan camp and he'd come out carried on their shoulders. He blooms wherever he is". "And you?" she asked, "I'm more of a weed". "How about your other friend?" Tamar asked Alina as Mal and Sturmhond sat down to rest next to them.

Alina looked at you standing at the railing again. "He grew up in the little palace. Things must be different." Alina sighed, "he's a very skilled fighter" Tamar grinned.

"He just needs to loosen up a bit" said Mal, "he spends all his time thinking and staring out at the ocean". Sturmhond got up and walked over to the railing holding two swords. You turned around and he held one out to you. You grinned and gladly took it in your hand.

You walked over to where he and Mal sparred and stood in front of him. "If I recall, you used to be the worst at combat" taunted Sturmhond, "I'm three years younger than you" you replied. "No summoning," Sturmhond said. You nodded in agreement.

"Wait" you said walking over to Alina. You pulled out all 16 of your knives and laid them in front of her. "Don't lose any of them, unless you wanna die" you smiled, walking back to Sturmhond. You placed in 6 dull knives that you managed to aboard the ship. Sturmhond swung first but you ducked and swiped with your sword.

He blocked your swing with his own and pushed you back. You quickly kicked yourself up and slid on the deck. You managed to knock Sturmhond off of his feet and he fell to the floor. You rolled over and knelt above him. "I think I win" you smirked, "I think not" he replied.

Sturmhond kicked you off of your footing. He quickly maneuvered himself as you fell and landed right above you. You narrowed your eyebrows and wrapped your legs around his body and spun you around. You quickly rolled away from him and he got to his feet. You didn't notice but Sturmhond had your sword in his hand.

He twirled it and tossed it aside. You pulled out one of the dull knives from your kefta and charged at him. He did the same. You flipped out of the way to the right and quickly spun around. You threw the knife forward but Sturmhond blocked it with his sword.

The deck was wet so you quickly flicked your finger and the knife rode a small wave of water back to your hand. You threw the knife forward once more. Sturmhond dodged it but you reached in your kefta and unleashed the other five. The knives flew swiftly through the air. Sturmhond managed to block two and dodge three. You charged at him once more and flipped over his head. You swing your leg back and he fell straight to his back on the deck.

You flicked your finger and two of the knives flung to your hands. You held them both up to his throat as he let out a sigh. "Fine, you win". You quickly got off of him and helped him to his feet. "Who knew you could fight like that" he chuckled, pulling you in for a kiss.

"Are we just going to ignore the fact that you guys kissed?" asked Mal, "you guys hardly even know each other". Mal stood up and walked over to you and Sturmhond. "Thats like me kissing him". Mal pushed Sturmhond back and pulled your lips into his.

Sturmhond quickly pulled you away from Mal and stood in front of you. "That's something we're not gonna do" he said leaning down to Mal, "don't do that again".