Lesson 31 - Tuare

Start from the beginning

-

There was a knock at the door, Sebas held a tray with a bowl of something on it. He opened the door and stared for a moment. Sat up in the bed the woman with a lifeless look in her eyes. Her complexion was better, and there was no signs of her ever being abused physically. Her hair wasn't tattered and besides her eyes that don't shine, she looked quite beautiful.

(Y/n) was also there, she was leaning on the wall next to the door. She looked up at him before taking the tray from his hands and walking to the side of the bed, Sebas following.

"I see you have been completely healed. How do you feel? Are you hungry? I brought you something to eat." She said with a soft smile as she lifted the lid on the bowl.

Steam rose quickly, showing it was hot. It seemed to be a porridge; there was a spoon next to the wooden bowel.

"Go ahead." She set the tray on the woman's lap. The woman stared at the bowl for awhile before lifting up the spoon and taking some of the porridge. She watched the steam rise before she putting the spoon in her mouth.

Her eyes immediately lit up, she gasped and quickly took another spoonful. Then another, and another.

Sebas and (Y/n) simply watched as she continued to devour her bowl.

Once the woman had finished, she set the spoon on the tray and panted. Catching her breath from eating so fast.

"As long as you're here, you aren't in any kind of danger. You have my guarantee. When you wake up, you will still be in this bed." (Y/n) said.

The woman panted. "Th-Thank.. you.. very.. much..." 

(Y/n) and Sebas smiled. "Don't mention it. Now that I've taken you in, I will ensure your safety to the best of my ability." She chuckled, sitting on the side of her bed. The woman started to cry and she covered her face with her hands.

Her sobs creeped out from her shaking body. "Why.. didn't.. anyone..." She whimpered, her sobs becoming louder. Her body become a bit more violent as she cried. The tray fell from her lap with a thump and scattered across the floor, thankfully, she had eaten all of the porridge, leaving nothing left to be spilled.

"...help.. me.. any.. sooner...?" She whined, the tears not stopping. (Y/n) couldn't take it anymore and wrapped her in a hug. Despite their size difference, (Y/n) buried the woman's head in her chest, allowing her to cry.

"You're alright now." She muttered, petting the crying woman's head. She continued to cry, the sounds of her loud sobs becoming much louder.

"You're alright now." She repeated, as if it was a fact.

The woman simply whimpered before sobbing more.

Once she started to sniffle and sharply pant, (Y/n) let go of her and backed up slightly. She stared down at her, watching. "I-I'm.. sorry..." She cried.

"Please don't worry yourself about that. For me, it is an honor that I am able to help someone who needs it." (Y/n) waved it off and held out her hand to Sebas who quickly handed her a handkerchief.

She turned and held it out for the woman to take. "But.. I couldn't.. accept.. such a.. clean..." The woman stuttered out with sharp inhales.

(Y/n) smiled and lifted the woman's head gently. She took the handkerchief and lightly wiped away the blonde's tears.  Once (Y/n) had finished one eye, she set the handkerchief in her hands.

"Here. Take it. It is a handkerchief's job to be used, and it's sad to see it set aside. Especially one that can't dry one's tears. Now, get some rest please. When you get up, we'll discuss what's next."