Lesson 16 - Emotions

(3rd Person POV)

Art by: AngryNum
———

Now it was time to find Demiurge.

He was the more calm one in intense situations.. so (Y/n) didn't know how he had reacted in that scenario.

I mean, there was no way that Demiurge was able to break the barrier. Meaning there was no way he could help (Y/n) while she was fighting Shalltear. (Y/n) wondered what he did and how he acted in the scenario that he was technically powerless.

Hearing things from a different point of view makes the situation seem a lot more.. intense.

(Y/n) felt chills run down her spine as she imagined what they had to go through, heck, she was already feeling incredibly guilty.

With a quick spell she teleported to 7th floor and started walking around. "Demiurge?" She shouted, instantly getting a reply back. "Lady (Y/n)?"

(Y/n) turned around, Demiurge standing there calmly. (Y/n) gave Demiurge a happy smile, making him give a smirk back. He pushed his glasses up and let out a short sigh. "I knew you would be alright. Though, I won't lie.. you gave me a bit of a scare."

(Y/n) could only let out a small and nervous chuckle. "R-Right.. I'm sorry about that. I shouldn't have gone off on my own. I'm sorry, Demiurge." She bowed, staring down at the grey stone tiles.

Surprisingly he just laughs, it's short but it's enough to surprise (Y/n). "Uhm, is something funny?" She asked, a bit nervous now. "Lady (Y/n), you do not need to bow to me, in my opinion I don't think you should bow to anyone."

(Y/n) slowly lifted her head, fixing her posture. "Oh.. well, is there something I can do to make it up to you?" Her face quirks into one of awkwardness and worry. Demiurge simply shakes his head before stopping. "Actually.. just make sure not to do something like this again. Now, I'll be going now Lady (Y/n), you should also talk to Albedo, Aura, and Mare.. I'm sure they were quite worried about you as well."

(Y/n) gave a curt nod before waving bye to him as he walked off. She frowned, not really knowing what to make on that interaction. It was short and sweet-ish, but she can't help but shake the feeling there was more that Demiurge wanted to say.

(Y/n) softly shook her head and using both her hands to slap her cheeks. She teleported back into her room and took a deep breath.

This was the one that made her the most nervous, Albedo. Seeing how Albedo reacted when Ainz was ready to leave was.. emotional. Ainz was able to convince her eventually but- that was eventually. (Y/n) went off on her own unexpectedly, and without any sign of notice. With a heavy heart, and a deep breath, she teleported to the throne room.

If Albedo was going to be anywhere, it would most likely be here.

---

There she was.. standing with her back to the throne room doors and looking through a few papers.

(Y/n) slowly shut the door behind her, trying to be as quiet as she could be. Unfortunately, the door squeaked near the end. This caused (Y/n) to flinch, not wanting to disturb Albedo--even though they're going to talk anyway--however.. Albedo didn't move.

(Y/n) gulped and walked towards Albedo, keeping her distance and basically circling her.

Albedo was clearly tired- or stressed, it was obvious she was upset and mentally drained. (Y/n) couldn't help but feel that it was partly her fault Albedo was left in this state.

She took a deep breath and walked in front of Albedo, wondering if the succubus would notice her yet.

"Albedo?" She finally spoke, making the woman flinch. Albedo slowly looked up from the papers and just stared at (Y/n) in disbelief. (Y/n) bit her lip nervously and twiddled her thumbs before slowly getting on her knees and bowing.