Lesson 29 - Resolving Matters

(3rd Person POV)
-

Sukyu launches two rocks at him, each shattering due to the barrier. "That is getting annoying. Piercing Icicles!" Cocytus swiftly raises his hand and out come multiple icicles, all stabbing and disfiguring Sukyu. He easily falls, dead.

Zenberu roars in anger, rushing at Cocytus with a raised fist. With a swift arm movement, Cocytus cuts Zenberu's head off, leaving him dead as well. The blood's trail falls to the side of Cocytus, staining the lake water in a deep red color.

Zaryusu is able to find his ground and stand, placing a hand over his wound. He pants harshly, in visible pain. 

"Now then, there are two of you left? Lord Ainz and Lady (Y/n) said as much, and sure enough, you two lasted until the end."

Shasuryu looks over at Zaryusu. "My brother, how hurt are you?"

"Badly. The pain is still throbbing. Even so, I can swing my sword a few more times."

Shasuryu looks back at Cocytus. "You can? Then that will be enough. The truth is, I am just about out of magic power. If I don't watch out, I could collapse right here."

"Is that right? Brother, you push yourself too hard. But, all the same, I will continue to swing my sword, right up until the last moment!" Zaryusu exclaims, determination in his eyes.

"A fine battle cry." Cocytus praises.

"Outstanding, my brother! You're right! Let's fight until the very end!" Shasuryu straightens his posture as he faces Cocytus. "Now, let's not keep you waiting, Sir Cocytus!" He raises his sword.

"It is no matter to me." Cocytus replies. "I am not so boorish as to come between brothers saying farewell. Prepare yourselves-- no, I beg your pardon. You had already prepared yourselves before we even began. Allow me to formally ask your names."

"Shasuryu Shasha."

"Zaryusu Shasha."

Cocytus grips his sword. "I shall remember them as the names of warriors." He lifts his sword and holds it slanted in front of him. "Also, allow me to apologize in advance. Normally, I would face you with weapons in each hand, but you are not mighty enough for me to draw both."

Shasuryu adjusts his grip. "That's a shame."

Zaryusu is also ready. "It sure is. Here goes!"

Shasuryu starts it off. "Earth Bind!" Sprouting from the ground are two spouts of lake water, acting as a rope to target Cocytus. "My defense cannot be penetrated by one whose magic level is inferior to mine!" The binds shatter once close, similar to the rocks.

"Icy Burst!" Zaryusu shouts, mist now filling the arena. Cocytus makes no movements, even as Zaryusu's sword comes through the mist, his own blood tainted on it.

Out from the front comes his brother, claymore held high, and ready to swing down; a loud battle cry coming from him.

"If you wish to take me by surprise, you should do it quietly!" And, just like the others, Shasuryu was cut in half.

Zaryusu's sword slips by Cocytus's fingers slightly. "Blood?" He takes notice of the red fluid now. "All of that, for this?" He mutters, staring back at Zaryusu as he pants, eyes still full of determination.

He growls, continuing to push on. Cocytus awes. "Magnificent." The sword slips past his two fingers and jabs him, however, it's stopped by the barrier. Cocytus turns to him.

"I'm sorry, but I have a skill that temporarily negates attacks by weapons with weak magic power. As long as it is activated, your attacks are meaningless."