Chapter 11: Orochi

Start from the beginning

"Nicely done," Amagi said, nodding at the two of them before turning to her sisters. "Now, let us show them the true might of the Sakura Empire."

They nodded and together launched a swarm of planes into the air, sending them flying down toward the Siren fleet in front of them while Amagi aimed her turrets and fired, taking down two High- Class Sirens.

"Take them out!" the Empress shouted.

Dozens of Siren drones raised into the air and took off, flying toward the Sakura Carriers' forces. Before they could attack, gunfire tore through them as seven Eagle Union Interceptors shot through.

"You didn't think I'd let you gals have all the fun, did ya?" Hornet asked with a grin, sailing over.

Amagi nodded at her and turned as the two sides' aircraft clashed in the sky.

Aiming their turrets, two dozen Siren ships trained their guns on Cleveland, her sisters, Northampton, and Hammann, and opened fire, lasers streaking through the air.

"No!" Wales shouted.

Before the lasers could hit, a blue shield of energy shimmered into existence in front of Cleveland and the others, blocking the lasers.

Eyes wide, Wales turned and saw Dreamweaver hovering in the air, blue energy shimmering around her outstretched hand. "Purifier," she called, lowering her hand, "do you want to take care of this?"

"Do I?" Purifier cackled. Flying up above Cleveland and the others, she aimed her guns. "Sayonara!" She opened fire, sending a wild barrage of shells down on the mass-produced Siren ships and annihilating them.

"Striker definitely has some explaining to do after this," Cleveland said, staring up at Purifier as the Siren Battleship fired down at her former allies.

"Take care of this," the Empress instructed, turning to two of the Sirens at her side.

They nodded and flew down, one of them shooting toward Striker while the other advanced toward Enterprise.

Aiming her guns, one of the Sirens fired at Striker. Seeing the shells coming, Striker swung his sword, weaving a web of steel around him and deflecting the volley.

"Oh good, looks like I can actually have some fun!" the Siren cackled. "Remember me?"

"Not really, I don't pay attention to unimportant side characters, Sheila," Striker replied.

"You impudent Battleship!" the Siren shouted. "I am Hermit IX, second of the Arbiter-Class Sirens, and you shall feel my wrath!"  

Aiming her turrets, she fired, sending six gleaming energy beams flying toward Striker

Rolling to the side, Striker dodged the lasers and aimed his primaries. Firing, he sent a salvo of shells crashing into Arbiter, knocking her back.