Chapter Ten

Yoongi greeted Jin, kissing him on the cheek, saying, "I had no idea you were going to come."

Jin smiled at him and sat across from him, "I wasn't, but after going home and being bored out of my mind, I thought, why not? Furthermore, I think I will be leaving for Australia tomorrow for a week." Taking the menu from the table, Jin started to look through it to find something he would order.

"I am glad you changed your mind; I miss seeing you. What's in Australia? Why are you going there?"

After deciding what he would order, Jin closed the menu and sighed as he looked at Yoongi, "My kids and Taehyung."

Yoongi immediately changed his expression, his eyes gazing toward the menu before him as he flipped it open, "you are back with him, aren't you?"

"No, we are not back together."

"Right," Yoongi responded, his eyes glued to the menu. "It's only a matter of time before you are with him again. Surely, you can't tell me you are going to Australia just because the kids are there."

Jin was silent for a while, and as he was about to speak, the waiter came by, interrupting their moment as he took their order. Once he left, Jin looked at Yoongi, who was staring at him, "I know it's hard to believe, but he and I are not together."

"Yet you said that you couldn't offer me a chance. Don't you think that makes me confused? A few months ago, we were doing well, but now suddenly, I call, he answers, and you are distant again." After Yoongi finished speaking, he looked at Jin's face and felt a bit of regret, so he spoke again to clarify his words so that Jin didn't feel pressured by anything he had said.

"It is not my intention to put you under pressure or anything. I remember what you told me last month, so I do not intend to ask for another chance. I like this friendship we have been developing. I like being your friend, and I know that as long as he exists, there will never be an us, and that's okay; I want you to be with whoever makes you happy. You deserve to be happy; you know that, right?" Yoongi leaned forward as he stared at Jin, giving him a smile that made Jin smile back.

It made Jin feel good when Yoongi smiled at him. Initially, he was concerned Yoongi hadn't understood him before, but now he knew that wasn't the case. It wasn't surprising to see Yoongi being himself, clearing his mind of whatever he was thinking.

He first met Yoongi a few months after he had Jun Seo when he and Taehyung lived apart for some time. During that time, Yoongi had become someone really meaningful to him; he had started to think that maybe Yoongi was destined to be the person he needed in his life after all the ups and downs he had faced with Taehyung. This was true for a moment, but this was just temporary until he and Taehyung became one again.

"When I ended things with Taehyung three months ago, I thought that maybe we could give it a go, but then I found out I am pregnant again." Jin let out, seeing the shock register on Yoongi's face; he chuckled and took a sip of his water, placed his cup back on the table, and breathed out, "Wow, that felt good. You are the first person I have told that to."

Yoongi leaned back in his chair as he stared at Jin in disbelief, "I don't think I should comment." he shook his head, gesturing for the waiter to come over. He needed more than the water he was drinking.

"I am a complete mess, and I know that. I don't need to be told."

"It's funny how, with me, condoms were always a must, but with him, that isn't the case."

Jin opened his mouth and then closed it. He took a moment before he spoke, "T-that's not exactly true." Seeing Yoongi's raised eyebrow, Jin lowered his head, "I think I lost my senses around him." he said almost in a whisper.

"I think you lose more than your senses around him, but what can I do when that's who you love? So, assuming he doesn't know you are pregnant since I am the first person you are telling?"

Jin shook his head, "No, he doesn't know, and I don't want to use it as an excuse to get back together, you know?"

"No, I don't know. Your relationship with him was going to resume without you being pregnant or not being pregnant. I know you say you are going to Australia because of the kids, but it's not just because of them."

Jin stares at Yoongi and pouts, "he wants me there."

"I know, and you want to go so that you can be there with him."

"Is that a bad thing?" Jin questioned, looking towards Yoongi.

While Yoongi sighed, he turned the drink towards his head to see if he could figure out how he went from wanting to be more with Jin to an advisor regarding his and Taehyung's relationship.

He would have liked to have met Jin before Taehyung so he could have developed a relationship with him. As he now understood, Jin would never have a place for him in his lie with someone like Taehyung. The sooner he came to terms with it and accepted the role he now played in Jin's life, the more content he became; even though he wanted more, he would never push for it since just having a friendship with Jin was better than nothing.

It was always a pleasure to be around Jin because he had a sweet and kind personality, and he often made him laugh with the silly things he did. He had always been himself, and Yoongi didn't meet many people like that. As soon as he met Jin, Jin was completely honest with him. He did not lie; he told him he had three children and had a troubled relationship with his ex. Jin had impressed him with his openness and honesty and still does.

"I don't think it's a bad thing, but I think you need to be honest with yourself, as I have told you in the past. Every time you guys separate and other people are involved, we are left hurt after you guys get back together, which is unfair to us."

Jin stared at Yoongi with sadness, "I am sorry-"

"No need to apologize to me; you've always been honest with me. Sadly, I didn't have the capability to control my feelings toward you, but I understand. I can't fault you for loving who you love. Now that all that has been said, let's enjoy a nice meal together. After we finish up here, I'd like to take you somewhere you'll like. After you go to Australia, I'm sure I won't see you for some time."

"Of course, you will see me." Jin stared at Yoongi, not believing how he could think he wouldn't see him.

Yoongi laughed, "Just like it took almost a year for me to see you last time. In case you didn't know, Taehyung reached out to me. I am pretty sure he would be on the plane back to Seoul if he knew you were here with me right now."

Jin's eyes widened, "h-he called you?"

"He didn't just call. I believe there was a threat attached to the call, but I can take care of myself, you know that. He seems very interesting, but I can't blame him; you are worth fighting for."

Jin blushed as he looked down at his hands after Yoongi's words.

*******

Hmmm.....🤔