four hundred and fifty-six days before

"Destiny, come on babe. We're going to be late to the wedding," I heard Ed whine once again.

I walked out, as he whined for the last time, with the silver dress that all the brides maids had to wear. One of my older cousins was getting married today. I smiled at the thought of marriage. People saying their vows and expressing their love to one another. Ed and I had promise each other a forever too.

Ed and I looked at each other the instant I came into view. Our eyes lingered for what seemed to be minutes. Ed inched closer soon wrapping his hands around my waist as he rested our foreheads together. My heart was pounding in my chest and I was sure he could hear it too because a chuckle left his lips. I nervously wrapped my arms around him and we just stood there letting ourselves fall in love with each other all over again.

"You look beautiful," he whispered. "I promise you one day that we will walk hand in hand out of this house. You, in the most beautiful wedding dress, and me by your side. I will keep every vow I make on our wedding day, but even those vows won't be able to express how much I love you. My love for you is indescribable," he placed his lips over mine and he captured all of me.

x

"Everybody dance!" the bride, my cousin, yelled as she set down the microphone. The music started up and it was so beautiful seeing people dance with a smile upon their faces.

"Destiny, do you want to take a walk around the lake?" Ed asked.

"Of course," I coyly replied.

"It's a beautiful night," Ed commented as we isolated ourselves from the crowd.

"It is. It is so calm."

We arrived near the lake and we stared into the calm water. There wasn't a single sign of movement in the water. The only signs of life around us was the music playing at the wedding and the quiet chirping of birds along the still trees. The music took a sudden change and a slow melody filled my ears. I looked up at Ed, who already had his hand out, offering me to dance.

"Dance?" he says mockingly.

I smile as he takes my hand in his. He hugs me close as we sway slowly to the music. I rest my head on Ed's shoulder and our hearts beating with each step. We danced and danced and danced. I laugh every time he tripped over his own feet. We would stop and looking I each other's eyes like we always do every now and then.

"I love you," he yelled making sure anyone near could hear.

I was so surprised, but he didn't even give me a moment to react properly because his lips were already kissing mine. We kissed under the light of a thousand stars as I placed my hand over his beating heart. We continued to slowly dance away the night.

It was a beautiful day, yet just a memory...

x
Hello lovely readers, this chapter was really cute to write and I had so much fun writing it. It was just a memory of Destiny and Ed at a wedding-this will be the only chapter representing a memory. I hope you liked reading it!