Chapter 32

Three months later (Epilogue pt. 1)
I was in fact pregnant. A little over three months to be more specific. The first time I took the test it was still a little early. The doctors told me there weren't enough hormones in my urine to detect any signs of pregnancy.

I wish I could be excited, but I wasn't. Marcellius and I were separated. He doesn't even know I'm pregnant. I've been hiding my little bump with sweatshirts, because when it comes to Marcellius he notices everything.

I moved back into my dad's house, and haven't seen or spoken to Marcellius since that day. Despite the issues that Marcellius and I have, I kept my word to Selene and have been taking care of Miko. He comes to visit me almost everyday.

We've gotten quite close. I've learned so much about him. He loves to draw, which he's amazing at, and actually is fluent in three languages. Italian, English, and French. I'm amazed how smart he is. He seems to be doing better with everything compared to a month ago.

As for Cesare, he vanished off to Italy shortly after the whole ordeal. No one has been able to get a hold of him. A family friend of theirs, who goes by the name of Leonardo has been keeping an eye on him though. He's been keeping us updated on everything.

Apparently, his drinking has gotten worse. He's gotten into several bar fights, and keeps getting thrown in jail. I know that's his way of coping with what happened to him, but I hope he finds his way again. I miss him. We all miss him, especially Luciano. Things haven't been the same without his other half.

My dad still hasn't come back from Jamaica, and I was starting to think that someone might be keeping him there. I was happy for him. 

He used to tell me that he'd never find love or marry again, but it seems like things have changed. He hasn't told me anything officially, but I hope that's the reason he's still there.

Today was the day that I would be seeing everyone again. The funeral was today. They decided to wait and have her funeral on her birthday. Mama Fierri says that that's what she would have wanted.

"You ready?" Leah asks next me.

I tear my eyes away from the window out looking the funeral ceremony and look over at her. "No." She chuckles, opening the passenger's side door and stepping out. I turn off the car and shove my keys into my purse before exiting the vehicle.

I pat down the wrinkles in my black body-con dress. This was the only dress appropriate for a funeral that I had in my closet, so I wouldn't be able to hide my baby bump. Although little, it was still very noticeable. Leah says it isn't, but I know she's lying.

Following Leah down into the cemetery where the ceremony is about to begin, I scan my eyes over the crowd of people. Family and friends all surround a shiny burgundy colored casket. The casket is closed with a bouquet of white lilies resting on top of it.

I swallow hard. I want to turn around. No one besides the Fierri Mafia knew what happened to her. Marcellius told her parents and fiancé a different story to avoid breaking their hearts.

I didn't think they'd ask me any questions about that day considering they didn't know me, but I was still nervous. I have been dreading this day since I received the invitation in the mail.

The closer we get, the more I feel like throwing up my breakfast all over this lawn. Leah locks her arm with mine, leading me into the crowd of people. 

Everyone is dressed in all black, some wearing shades, and others a large sun hat. There's a priest in a long black robe with an open Bible in hand.

I spot Mama Fierri in a black dress and sun hat. She's holding tissue up to her face and is sobbing quietly. Niccolo and Luciano are standing beside her with their heads down. Miko is also with them. He's holding a single white lily in his hands.

My eyes trail over to Marcellius, who's sexily standing there with a hand shoved in his pocket. He's dressed in an all black tailored suit. Something stirs inside me.

My body seems to react to him as if remembering every word he ever mouthed into my skin, the soft kisses he planted all over my body, and the way he had my body craving his touch. Being pregnant doesn't help, only aiding in my arousal. I squirm, trying to focus on the priest's words.

Once he's done, everyone who wants to speak takes turns walking up to the casket and saying a few kind words about Selene. I decided not to say anything. I didn't even want to make my presence known.

"I would like to say a few words." My head snaps up in the direction of that familiar voice. I watch as Marcellius and Miko walk up to the casket. Leah's nudging my arm and whispering something about Marcellius looking sexy as hell in his suit. She wasn't wrong. He did look sexy as hell. Very fuck-able.

God, I need to get out here.

"Selene was..." His eyes flicker over to me. He's got this look in his eyes that's foreign to me. He pauses, his gaze intense. I break eye contact, my face hot. Leah's nudging me even harder.

It's taking everything within me not to elbow her in her ribcage. I shift uncomfortably, his gaze still on me as he continues. "..my first love. And even though things didn't work out between us, she will forever be in my heart. Miko and I will miss her."

His eyes remain on me as he rejoins his family's side. When the ceremony finally comes to an end, I pay my respects to Selene and start towards the car. "Mia," he calls after me.

I ignore him.

"Tesoro(darling)."

I stop in my tracks. I feel him behind me. His fingers brush my arm, trailing down to my hand. His touch burns my skin, igniting a fire I've missed very much. "Don't go." I sigh, my heart rapidly pounding in my chest. He didn't argue or beg me to stay when I told him I was leaving three months ago. He just...let me go.

At first I was upset that he didn't fight for me, but if he had I don't know that it would have made a difference. He steps forward, closing the gap between us. My head is still turned away from him "Look at me," he demands softly. I slowly turn my head, my eyes locking with his. "I knew you'd come back to me tesoro(darling)."

His eyes rake over my body very slowly, savoring the view as if it may be his last. "You did?" I mumble, a bit surprised.

He nods, snaking his arms around my waist and pulling me into his chest. I gasp breathlessly. "Something's different about you," he whispers slowly.

My breath catches, feeling his warm breath on my face. "Is that a bad thing?"

"No." His hand roams down my body, stopping on my stomach. "When did you find out?" My eyes widened.

How does he know?

"Three months ago."

"Were you ever going to tell me?"

I bite my lower lip and shake my head. "Probably not," I tell him truthfully.

He doesn't say anything as he drops his hands and turns to leave. For some reason it angers me to see him leave, but then it quickly dissipates when he says, "You coming?"

Remembering that's the first words he said to me before we made love in his shower, I slightly perk up. Hurrying back to his side, I slide my arm around him. This might be the stupidest thing I've ever done a second time, but always and forever right?