22 | lockets.

charlotte rhodes.

I stare at my reflection in the mirror, my hands smoothening over my sundress.

Derek and I agreed that we would keep our City Hall outfits casual — not wanting to outdo ourselves for a small ceremony that only Louie, Derek, and I will be attending.

We also agreed that we would drive in separate cars — that way it can feel like an actual wedding ceremony — where the husband doesn't see the wife beforehand.

I decided to go with the dress I wore from my birthday at Galveston Island — the sundress bringing back many memories for me, most of them happy of course.

Galveston Island was the first moment that I realized that I was in love with Derek, from us running down the pier to splashing each other with water to watching the sunset while wrapped in each other's arms.

Memories flood my mind as I smile softly, anxiousness still filling my mind and body;

I feel Derek nudge me slightly, interrupting me from my thoughts, "Here, let's take a photo together." He states, a warm smile dancing on his lips as he looks down at me.

I nod, "You're really getting addicted to taking pictures today, huh?" I ask.

Derek shakes his head, "Hey, hey, hey. Don't diss the camera, okay? I didn't buy this camera for nothing. I wanted you to keep the memories of today." He states.

I grin softly, my eyes searching his, "You're acting like we'll forget everything that will happen today." I state, giggling softly.

Derek slaps himself across the face playfully, pretending to get offended or hurt by my comment, "If we take photos, we can always use them to make Reid jealous that he's not here with us." He urges, a cheeky grin dancing on his lips.

I groan lightly, letting out a soft, defeated sigh, "Okay fine. We can take more pictures together." I agree.

Derek smiles, letting out a soft cheer. He gets closer to me as he takes the photo, a soft smile appearing on both of our faces.

Once we finish taking a couple of pictures together, Derek lets out a soft chuckle.

"What are you laughing about?" I ask.

Derek shakes his head, "Reid won't even see most of these photos." He states.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Because they're ours for safe keeping." He states, his eyes searching mine.

Derek nods as he leans in slowly, planting a small kiss on my forehead. He slowly pulls away, his forehead pressed against mine.

"You are my safe haven, Charlotte." Derek states in a low, raspy tone..

I nod, "You're mine." I state in agreement.

Derek looks up, a soft and playful smile dancing on his lips, "Come with me." He states, grasping my wrist and pulling me along with him.