01 | the night after.

charlotte rhodes.

I wake up, feeling the sun shining on my face. I let out a soft exhale, a small smile dancing on my lips as my eyes flutter open.

The night before this morning plays on replay in my head — the memories sending a comforting feeling through my body.

I cautiously stretch, being careful enough to not wake up Derek just yet — my body still intertwined with his, my head resting on his chest.

I glance to the window in the distance, the sun shining brightly through the slit in the curtains — the shining sun sending a soft feeling through my heart and mind.

I get up out of bed cautiously, sitting up to make sure I don't get a head rush. I slowly climb out of bed, careful not to wake Derek.

I grab Derek's t-shirt off the edge of the bed, the memories of the night before reminiscing through my mind.

I slip the t-shirt onto the top half off my body as I walk over to the window, opening the curtains a bit more. I glance back over to the bed, making sure the extra light shining through the curtains didn't wake Derek.

I open the balcony door of Derek's room, letting in some fresh air. I let in a sharp inhale, taking a moment to myself — the fresh morning breeze making me feel more refreshed and filled with comfort.

"You okay, love?" I hear a familiar voice ask from the distance.

I turn slightly, looking over my shoulder as my eyes slowly land on Derek. I give him a small nod, a soft smile dancing on my lips as I nod.

"Never been better." I state in a soft tone, turning back to the window.

"You look so angelic in the light." He states, slowly climbing out of bed.

Derek climbs out of bed, walking over to me and wrapping his arms around me slowly.

He lets out a soft exhale, "I've never been so in love with the way someone looks while watching the sunrise." He states in a rasped tone as he buries his head into the crook of my neck, planting soft kisses until he reaches the bottom of my jawline.

I let out a sharp exhale as he turns me around to face him, placing a soft kiss on my lips as he does.

"I love you." He mumbles against my lips.

I smile softly at his words, pulling away slowly. My eyes slowly meet his, his dark brown eyes glistening from the light of the sunrise, "I love you." I state in a soft tone.

Derek smiles, cupping my cheek as he places a soft kiss on my forehead. I turn back around, resting my back against his chest as we continue to watch the sunrise. His hand travels to my bicep, resting on his softly.

My brows knit together slowly, "What are we gonna do about the team?" I ask in a low tone, picking at my nail beds anxiously as we continue to watch the sunrise.

"What do you mean?" He asks again.

I shrug, "Are we gonna tell them we're back on already? Is this gonna be some secretive thing we hide until they figure it out?" I ask.

"They're profilers. I bet they'll figure it out eventually." He states.

"So no secret scandals?" I ask, turning around.

"Is that what you want?" He asks, his brows knitting together as his eyes meet mine.

I shrug my shoulders slightly, "Could be fun, and plus, it couldn't hurt to get scandalous once in a while." I state in a teasing tone.