Chapter 8: Skull Lighters

⚠️Mentions of Suicide

Tomura watched as the boy played with his green curls, his scarred fingers twirling the strand of hair. He didn't dare say anything, he was too mesmerized.

Being put into a new school in the middle of the year sucked, and all because his teacher overreacted to something that he did. Honestly, it annoyed him. The only upside to this new school was Izuku Midoriya.

The green-haired boy with his big eyes and starry freckles that were displayed on his cheeks. Izuku seemed like a lively boy, a boy who sat with all his friends at a single lunch table, a boy who was nice to everyone. Everyone including him.

Tomura never thought that "love at first sight" was a thing but watching Midoriya with his bouncy curls smile and wave at him after class every day suddenly made him believe. Izuku was such a sweetheart to everyone and stood out, out of everyone in the class.

Of course, Tomura Shigaraki fell head over heels for him.

"I LIKE YOU! W-WILL YOU GO OUT WITH ME!" Tomura yelled as he bowed, his white hair falling into his eyes and a blood-red rose in his hand.

Midoriya just stood there in shock, he slightly took a step back. 'Oh no!' Tomura thought he could feel a droplet of sweat beading up on his forehead and worried thoughts worked their way into Tomura's head.

"S-sure," Tomura's head shot up to look Midoriya straight in the eye. The green-haired man was blushing furiously in front of him with his hands over his eyes. A couple of seconds later the red rose was plucked out of Tomura's hand and was now in between his new boyfriend's fingers.

Tomura never thought that Midoriya would ever say yes, it was fucking crazy! He asked him out because these feelings were messing with his head and he had to get rid of them immediately so this was his solution. Just to spill his feelings and attempt to ask him out.

Midoriya twirled the rose in his hand but pulled away quickly with a wince. "Ouch," he cried.

Tomura panicked and pulled his hand close to inspect it. To his horror, a droplet of blood started to bead up on Midoriya's finger while the rose had fallen on the floor, its petals getting scattered everywhere by the wind.

"I'm so sorry!" Tomura cries. His mind thinks of all the possibilities that Midoriya might change his mind.

To his confusion, some laughs came from Midoriya. The white-haired man tilted his head back up to meet Midoriya's gaze, it was a beautiful sight.

Watching Midoriya cheerfully smile, his head slightly tossed back as he giggled. "Why are you apologizing?"

"B-but your hand-"

"Oh calm down," with a swift move, Midoriya lifted his finger to his mouth and sucked on the cut. With his finger still in his mouth, he began to speak, "It's just a thorn that poked me. If anyone were to look at you right now, they'd think that I got fucking ran over by a car or something!"

Tomura rolled his eyes at the exaggeration, "I'm sorry, I was just worried about you Midoriy-"

"Izuku, just call me Izuku," Midoriya said, picking the flower off the ground, "We are going out after all."

Tomura knew that maybe his last year of middle school wouldn't be so bad

-

"I didn't know you smoked," Tomura stated as he crept on his boyfriend who was currently reading something on his phone as he sat out on the front porch. This caused Midoriya to look up and smile, "Well you don't know that much about me."