Chapter 7: Orange Juice

Camie, Momo, and Mina sat across Midoriya for the second time that year. Once again the cafeteria was filled to the brim and there was nowhere to sit. Midoriya didn't mind them, last time they spoke to him but barely but he could stand them. Camie was sweet, she was a little annoying at times but she was nothing like Midoriya had imagined.

She stared at Midoriya as she sipped on orange juice and began to spoke while Momo and Mina were both having a separate conversation next to her. "Ahem- Um so I've been hearing rumors..." She paused. Midoriya looked up from his phone that sat in his scarred hand. She leaned in closer to him so that he was the only one that could hear her voice.

"People have been saying things like how you were dating Shinsou, I didn't know you were gay," Camie didn't seem mad but she didn't seem too pleased about bringing this topic up right now. Her golden locks fell across her eyes as she pulled back and held a finger to her lip confused.

"It's unnecessary to whisper that," Midoriya says, "And sure I guess I am dating him."

"Why? Weren't you the one that told me that he likes breaking people's hearts?" She asked, Midoriya watched as she licked her plump lips, a string of lip gloss connected her top and bottom lip.

Midoriya shrugged, he didn't know what to say, should he tell her that he didn't give a shit about him, would she keep her mouth shut or will she tell people at school? The second possibility would end up a disaster because the word would eventually get to Shinsou.

"It's a long story," Midoriya says taking another bite of his food. As he chewed Camie says, "I have time, I'm interested. Why would you date someone you know will leave you in about a month because of his playboy tendencies?"

"Fine, if you want to know," Midoriya sighs, "But promise me that you keep this a secret, I don't need this going around school."

Camie nodded and tilted her head, Momo and Mina had gone to the restroom a little earlier so it left just the two of them at the table. He was kind of glad for that though, Mina and Momo enjoyed gossiping, well that's what Midoriya knows from walking past their lunch table daily when he's trying to get across the Cafeteria.

Camie usually just listened so he should trust her. Plus the worst thing that could happen is Shinsou would find out and they would break up. Then he would be away from that troll-haired bitch again.

Parts of Midoriya regrets "dating" Shinsou, it brought up too many unwanted memories from Tomura that he didn't need resurfacing his mind. And even worse, Shinsou's birthday is creeping up next month and Midoriya promised him birthday sex after weeks of begging.

Holy shit, Midoriya just processed the fact that they've been dating for a month now. Time went by so fast. Makeout sessions, late walks at night to the park which led to more makeout sessions, Shinsou trying to sneak his hand down Midoriya's pants only to get slapped away, and nice long movies on the couch of his house where Shinsou would often complain about the smoke Midoriya would blow out of his nose and onto him.

"Midoriya? Midoriyaaaa," Camie says waving his hand in front of him, triggering his reflex to pull away. "You zoned out there for a second there."

"Sorry," he mumbled as he opened his bag of chips with a loud pop. He sighs before he starts, "I erm, am dating him. But not because I want to?"

Camie gasps, "Do you mean he's forcing you to date him? I didn't think he was that bad."

Midoriya sighed again, "No, no, he's not forcing me, don't worry about that. No one can force me to do anything. I'm just dating him for fun." That was the simplest way he could say it. He wasn't going to say that he was dating him to get back at him for hurting you. For some reason, he felt awkward saying it out loud to the actual person so he just watered it down.