Chapter 22

Everyone was devastated. The school was mostly in ruins so it was hard to find a place to spend the night. Some students went home to their families, some slept outside... Draco, Pansy, and Blaise went to the Etherealis. They all slept downstairs in bean bags. They all cried themselves to sleep. The next morning it seemed as if nothing happened. The sun came up and it was a nice day. Well, the weather anyway. Draco woke up first and put on a hoodie. He went outside to breathe some fresh air. He took a bottle of whisky with him, of course. 

"It was really selfish of you to leave me like that." - he said looking up at the sky with a sad face

He took a big gulp of his drink and then a few more. When he finally let it all out he went inside.

"Guys. Get up. We need to get everything ready." 

"What? Get what ready?" - Pansy asked

"Her funeral is today. I need it to be perfect. Just like she was." - he said leaving the bottle on the counter and going upstairs to get his wand

"Blaise come on. Go get dressed."

"Morning." - Blaise said with puffy eyes

They all got dressed and went outside. They talked and decided to bury her here. Next to the cottage. She loved it here and it made her happiest. They found a spot behind the cottage not far from the forest. Some guys came to dig everything up and get it ready for the coffin. 

_

"The white one. Because she was the light in our lives." - Draco said pointing at the beautiful white coffin

They were wearing black and everyone had a yellow flower on their outfit. It was because y/n was always like the sunshine. 

Everyone sat down and Draco came to the front to say a few words. Many people were there. Well... the ones who survived. There were a lot of funerals that day because they all wanted to do it as fast as possible. 

"Hello everyone. I am Draco Malfoy, as you all know. I just want to say a few words. Y/n was a beautiful soul and she didn't deserve to leave so soon. Your kids, your friends... none of them deserved this. I was never a guy who loved, really. I was never in a relationship... I just hung around with some girls... but umm... when I met y/n, at first I didn't like her. I mean, I think I did, but I didn't want people to know that I, Draco Malfoy liked someone, so I just pushed it back. Over time I fell in love with her. She made my life worth living. She made me happy and put a smile on my face every day. And I just want her to know that I will love her forever and that she will be mine, for eternity."

He started crying so he quickly went to sit next to Pansy and Blaise. The priest said something and they all started leaving. Draco came up to her coffin before they put it in the ground.

"Hello, love. This isn't goodbye just so you know. I love you so much. You will always be a hero, and everyone will remember your name" - he kissed the coffin and left

_

DRACO POV

I cried every day. But I didn't want people to know so I would come to my room and let it all out. My room was full of glasses and empty bottles. My clothes were all over my room and I didn't change for two weeks now, I think... I would visit her grave, multiple times every day. I just really miss her. We were supposed to be together now. We were supposed to laugh together and celebrate our win. But of course, like any war, many people died. 

I went to her grave today with my parents. We brought her flowers. Blue roses. Her favorite.

"Oh she was such an angel" - said Narcissa

"She left us too soon.." - said Lucius

"I love you, Riddle, for eternity..." - Draco said

They stood there in silence, tears falling on each of their faces but they tried to cover it up so the other one wouldn't see. They finally put themselves together and went home.

Draco didn't finish the last school year. With the war no one did. But some students went back to school to graduate. Hermione, Cho, Luna, and many others. Draco Malfoy didn't. He didn't really live anymore or do anything. He would just go through the day, drinking away his feelings and visiting y/n. He missed her smile, her touch, and the way she would tease him in class. He missed her walk and the way her hair moved around when she walked. He missed everything about her. He never graduated from Hogwarts. I mean he they were supposed to do it together. He didn't want to graduate without y/n. There was no point. 

He couldn't live without her.

Dear Riddle,

I miss you more than anything in this world. I hope to see you soon.

Love, your one and only.