Chapter 16

I haven't seen my parents in such a long time...

I packed my bags and said goodbye to my friends.

"Bye love." - Draco kissed me goodbye

"Bye girl!" - Pansy hugged me

"Ciao y/n. Have fun." - Blaise smiled

"Bye guys. Love you!" - I waved as I got on the train

Looking through the window and seeing how close I was to home... It brought back memories... The good yes but also the bad. Was it even home? I don't know. My family went through a lot and we fell apart. My parents went through hell... with losing two kids and being left with me. I know I was never their favorite. I was the family disappointment... I was never what my parents wanted me to be. They wanted me to go to school, have perfect grades, etc... Fun fact, my dad didn't want a daughter. When I was born he didn't pay attention to me until I was two years old when mom left us two alone. I fell and broke my jaw. He had to take me to the hospital and let me tell you... It was awkward. He didn't know me until Newt and Tom were gone. Mom on the other hand loved me. A little at least. She had very high expectations, for all of us. But we got used to it. However, my brothers loved me the most in the world. I was their princess. And that was enough for me.

Going home now, it's gonna be hard. 

_

I got off the train and walked to the house. It wasn't far from the train station. Just seeing it made my stomach twirl. 

My family was very rich

My family was very rich. But I never liked saying that to other people. I never had friends but even when I met someone I never took them home. I knew that people would always say how my life must be perfect just because I have money. But it's not all that. My parents never raised me they just bought me everything I wanted and called it parenting. Well, news flash that's not what parenting is. 

I took a deep breath and walked to the front door. I opened the door...

"Hello! I'm home! Anyone here?" - I yelled

I put my bags in the hallway and went to the living room. 

I took a book and sat down. This was the only thing keeping me sane in this house. My books and the couch. 

"Miss y/n you are back. Hello." - said Betty with her accent

Betty was our maid. She was basically the one who raised my brothers and me. She was our nanny too. And considering our parents were never home and never paid attention to us she was our best friend. I don't have many memories with my parents but with Betty, I do. All good childhood memories are with Betty.

"Hey, Betty!" - I smiled and hugged her

"Where are mom and dad?" - I asked

"Oh, they go to dinner. With the Mont's." 

"Of course they did." - I said to myself

"I'll just go up to my room." 

"Oke, I take your bags." - she said taking my bags and walking with me up to my room

Betty put the bags in my room and went to make some dinner. I walked through the house to see if anything changed. I opened the door to the game room.

My eyes started to tear up a little

My eyes started to tear up a little. My whole childhood is in this room. I walked in and closed the door. I walked around the room. The last time I was here was with Newt and Tom. I remember the laughter, the games, the talks we had, the running and chasing around the room... 

Ever since they were gone I made a promise to myself to never step foot in this room again. Yet here we are... There was a wall in the back of the room on which we drew and wrote messages. As soon as I read it I started crying. 

"Don't leave please." "I won't, I promise." - a message me and Tom wrote to each other

"sister for sale" 

"brothers for sale"

"i lav yu sissy" - child's handwriting, Newt's message

There were many drawings and squiggles. I wiped my tears and went out of the room. 

"Betty! Betty!" - I yelled

"Yes, miss?" 

"When are my parents going to be back?" 

"Any minute miss y/n."

"Okay, thanks." 

I lied on my bed and called Draco.

"Hola Malfoy."

"Hi, love. How are you?"

"Oh fine. My great parents didn't even bother to greet me."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I should have expected it." 

...

_

"Betty! Is the dinner ready?" - I heard my mothers voice

"Hello, Mrs. Riddle. Mr. Riddle. The food is on the table. And your daughter is here."

"y/n! Get down here. Dinner's getting cold." - my mother yelled

I came downstairs.

"Hey mom. Hey dad." - I gave them both an awkward hug

We sat at the table and started eating. There was a lot of food. And it was great. As always. 

"So how have you been? Is school ok?" - my dad asked 

"I'm fine, thanks. School is great well except for the Voldemort part."

"You have A's right?" - my mother asked

"Well yes but there are a couple B's and C's. Mostly A's of course."

"You can fix the C's. The B's are fine I guess."

"Yup, sure will."

"So Voldemort? That's the name Tom picked?" - dad said

"Uh yeah. It's Tom Marvolo Riddle mixed up. It makes I am Lord Voldemort."

"Ah yes. He always liked word games." 

"So have you seen him?"

"I did, yes. I talked him out of it all. I think..."

We finished dinner and I got ready for bed and fell asleep soon after...

Dear Draco, 

You will be mine and I will be yours,

for eternity. 

Love, y/n