Vampires 101

I was heading to the cafeteria to meet up with the team Ruby went on ahead since I was having a call with dad to get info on the preparations and to follow that I get a call from Ozpin saying I'll be teaching soon. Weiss did manage to get on my good side a week after getting Blake back and apologized to Ruby with cookies, of course. I already have the three teams that I will be teaching in mind. I get to the cafeteria and open the door to see it nearly empty, and Rwb and Jnpr are covered in food.

???: Ahhhhh.

Yang then crashed through the roof into a table. I looked over and saw Prof. Goodwitch and Ozpin. I made my way over to Rwby when Ozpin called to me.

Ozpin: Ah Y/n I need you to head to my office soon. Actually, there is someone who wishes to speak to us.

Y/n: Oh, ok. Let me talk to Ruby real quick, and I'll make my way up there.

I walk over to Ruby and scratch her ear.

Ruby: Hey, you missed the fun.

Y/n: Sorry, I was busy with a call from dad, among other things.

Ruby: Well, we're going to play Remnant the game in the library after we get clean if you want to join for that.

Y/n: Sorry, I have to go to Ozpin's office. Someone needs to talk to me.

Ruby looked sad from my reply.

Y/n: But I'll make a day for you and me maybe take you to my family's place.

Ruby seems happier, and her tail is wagging.

Y/n: See you guys later.

Everyone: (varations of talk later.)

I leave and start heading to Ozpin's office, wondering who he would want me to meet. I make my way to the tower elevator and hit the button for his office. Once the elevator stopped, the doors opened to reveal Ozpin and a man in an Atlas military general uniform in a dimmed room.

General: I told you we needed to exterminate these creatures when you brought me in.

Ozpin: Now now they are preparing to have a civil war against each other, and it is best to follow the right side that wants to stay hidden.

Y/n: I fully agree with Ozpin it is a good idea to back my father he's stronger than he looks.

General: Ahhh, you must be the half breed. Ozpin speaks so highly of you, I'm General Ironwood.

Y/n: A pleasure to meet you.

Ironwood: So what's this about him teaching students about vampires?

Ozpin: My current expert is out setting up plans with his father, and why not have a real vampire to teach the next generation of vampire slayers.

Y/n: Rogues only right Oz.

Ozpin: Yes, of course.

Y/n: Good.

Timeskip the following day

I was in the classroom setting up the board. I continued as I heard the door opening.

Yang: Why do we have a new class?

Weiss: I don't know, but maybe it will give extra credit to our other classes.

Ruby: Well, at least it's our last class.

They clearly didn't notice me since I had a cloak on, so they couldn't tell. I continue waiting for the other two teams. After I finished setting up the board, I grabbed some special textbooks as the last teams walked in, team Jnpr and Cfvy.

Coco: I'm wondering what this class is about.

Jaune: I'm just hoping it's easy.

Nora: I hope it's about pancakes.

Ren: Nora... that's very unlikely.

I drop my hood as I turn and reveal the name of the class "vampires 101".

Y/n: Hello.

I use my super speed to go to each person putting a textbook in their hands, making sure to give Fox the one in braille. I return to the front of the class, holding Yatsuhashi above my head with one hand.

Y/n: Now showing off that ability plus holding the biggest guy above my head with no effort should prove that I'm a vampire. If not...

I bear my fangs as I let Yatsuhashi down near the desks.

Y/n: Now there shouldn't be any questions on why this is a class.

Weiss: Why are you the teacher?

Y/n: Ozpin told me that every few years, this class starts to train a select few Huntsmen to help deal with rogue vampires. His current expert is out at the moment helping dad with an upcoming civil war between vampire covers. So open the textbook we'll start with how to spot one.

I point towards the board.

Y/n: This is a recently turned member they'll look sickly and pale for a few days. Afterward, they'd get their color back temporarily. After a few decades, they'd go back to pale.

I noticed Pyrrha raising her hand.

Y/n: Yes, Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: Why exactly teach us this?

Y/n: Because of said civil war, they are fighting over revealing the vampire race altogether. Alright, I'll get into this now. Covens, there are one near each kingdom. The one Ruby and I-

Nora: Ruby's a vampire!

Y/n: are a part of, is the one in Vale. Yes, before she started Beacon, there was an incident that I caused that resulted in me biting her to save her. We are half breeds. My mom was human. Dad was a vampire. Now, back to the lesson, the Vale coven is called Nightshades, Atlas coven is called Sinister, Vacuo coven is called Tantibus, Mistral coven is called Rahovart, and lastly Menagerie coven is called Baal. The civil war at the moment is Rahovart and Tantibus against the others. Now, who here knows vampire weaknesses.

Jaune, Nora, and Coco raised their hands. I point to Jaune.

Jaune: Running water.

Y/n: That is sadly not a actually weakness. Movies get them wrong at times. Nora.

Nora: Garlic.

Y/n: Yes, garlic can help in cornering or finding a vampire. Coco.

Coco: A wooden stake to the chest.

Y/n: No, actually, anything can be used on the heart or decapitation. Burning them also works.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Bacca: I know people wanted more. This chapter kept giving me trouble. So here is what I can think of. Sadly this is only 1000 words.