Chapter 8.

Y/n POV:

"They'll never survive. It's dangerous by day."
"But it's even worse at night."
"Plus, their guide is a lunatic!"
"What?"
"You mean buck? Oh, he's wacko."
"I am not!"
"Totally Bonkers."
"And his feet smell."
"Shut up!"
"You shut up."
"Oh, you little... Ha-ha, Gotcha!" Buck spoke to himself, or actually to the three skulls that were on his feet and this ended him strangling his own foot on the ground.

"He's strangling his own foot. Shouldn't we get moving?" Manny asked Buck who was still on the ground.

"What? And give Rudy a Midnight snack? Not likely." The skull on Buck's leg answered.
"The skull's right. Take a load off, mammals. We'll camp here... Now, who's hungry?" Buck asked.

"I am!" The skull replied.
"You don't need the calories!" Buck responded to this, causing the skull to tremble with fear.

~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Buck, how exactly did you lose your eye?" Crash asked in front of the campfire that Buck had made for us. Sid would have done it if he had been here, by the name of sabers I hope he is okay.

"I already told you, Rudy did it." Buck answered in front of us.

"Yes, but how?" Eddie asked and clarified his brother's question.

"Oh, so you want to hear the story?" Buck asked and stood up with a small grin on his face, ready to tell his story of how he lost his eye to the beast.

"Yes, sir." Both boys said as they got up and saluted to the weasel in front of them.

"Okay mammals, take a nice position and enjoy the story..." Buck started and the rest of us took a nice position, for me this meant I was lying on the ground in the warmth of a campfire. Manny, for his part, sighed and rolled his eyes, earning a glare from Ellie who was lying next to him.

"There I was, my back against the wall." Buck started and jumped in front of everyone, the light coming from the flames of the campfire, reflected his shadow on the rock wall.
"No way out. Perched on the razor's edge of oblivion. Staring into the eye of the great white beast..." Buck said and after a while he roared a blood-curdling scream in front of us and closed his paws the same way Rudy closed his mouth around Buck. He had a familiar, crazy grin on his face.

"Were you killed?" Eddie asked Buck. Wait, if he was dead he wouldn't be here? Right?

"Sadly, yes... But I lived!" Buck replied, making both boys sigh with relief and getting Manny to let out a dismissive sigh.
"Shh." Ellie silenced Manny, looking forward to Buck's story.

"Never had I felt so alive than when I was so close to death." Buck said, returning to his story after a short pause and continuing,
"Just before Rudy could suck me down his gullet, I grabbed a hold of that gross, pink, fleshy thing that dangles at the back of the throat." Buck explained and both Crash and Eddie let go of "Ew" sounds of disgust.

"I hung onto that sucker, and I swung back and forth, and back and forth, and back and forth, and back and forth, and back..." Buck said and swayed, standing in front of us, showing what happened when he finished his saying. Everyone breathed in excitement.

"...and Forth, and back and Forth, until finally I let go. And I shot right out of his mouth." Buck continued.

"I may have lost an eye that day, but I got this." Buck said and threw his sword into the air, grabbing it just before it hit the ground in front of us.