Chapter 7.

Y/n POV:

"Do you think the beast will find Sid?" Eddie asked as we walked uphill.
"Or, uh, more importantly, us?" Crash added to the question.

"Rudy? Are you jonking? " Buck asked as he turned to us, then he went to Eddie and Crash.

"He's Relentless. He knows all. Sees all. Eats all." Having said this, Buck jumped back to where his sword was, in front of all of us.
"So that's a yes." Buck said and when we looked behind him we saw big, red, eyes?

"Uh..." Eddie started and pointed in fear behind Buck.

"Hey, get off my lawn. Go on. Shoo." Buck said to the creature in front of us. Turned out that it was a very large butterfly.

"I knew that guy when he was a caterpillar. You know, before he "came out." Buck said and kept walking, this time Diego was the first to follow him, while the rest of us stood and tried to understand what just happened.

"So, do you still think that weasel has all the brain cells in store?" Manny asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, come on Manny, he's clearly fine. Now, let's go before they leave us behind. I don't wanna get lost in here." I said and Manny, Crash and Eddie walked in front of me and Ellie.

"Have you talked to him?" Ellie started a conversation between us.

"To whom?" I asked even though I knew who he was talking about.

"Diego. Are you sure you're ready to leave everything you experienced together behind?" She asked and this made me stop and think.

"To be honest, I don't even know what I was thinking when I told him our thing is over. And I would be lying if I said I wouldn't miss him...- but he said it himself, I'm just slowing him down, so I guess this is best for both of us." I said and took a step forward.

"I understand, but if you could still talk to him? I'm sure he has a reason why he said what he said." Ellie said as we walked after the boys.

"Maybe I should, but I may not know when. We are in the middle of a literal new world and Sid could be in danger right now." I said and laughed to the end so I wouldn't feel bad anymore. However, Ellie didn't answer but I saw a small smile on her face too. And before we even realized, we had caught up with the boys.

"Okay, follow me." Buck said and took his sword off the tree trunk and turned around to continue his journey.

"That's you in three weeks." Manny said to Diego and continued after Buck. 'So they had a chat session here too, I was just wondering about what because Manny's comment made Diego's look go blank.'

~~~~~

"So, why do they call it the Chasm of Death?" Eddie asked Buck who walked to the edge of the gorge in front of us.

"Well, we tried Big Smelly Crack, but, uh, that just made everybody giggle." Buck answered and then jumped up and grabbed the liana that hung up in the air.

"Well, now what?" Manny asked and Buck in turn cut a few lianas above us and soon a large skeleton of a dinosaur (?) fell in front of us. So did Buck who bent down and pointed to the skeleton.

"Madams~" He said and by that he meant that me and Ellie were going first. Ellie and I, for our part, quickly shared a questioning look and then took a step forward.

"Whoa. She is not doing that." Manny prevented Ellie from walking so I walked past her.

"But I am." I said and now it was Diego who kept me from going.