Rude Boyfriend

Ronnie's POV

As I arrived at my destination, a few students had already entered.  I didn’t catch a glimpse of Angie.  Yes! Secretly, I shot a fist pump.  I opened the two red front doors of the school and walked in. 

There were the America and Texas flags, standing tall and bold in the front of the office, side by side out of the way of the school entrance.  On the side of the brick wall near the entrance, there was a gigantic framed picture of Abraham Lincoln wearing a black top hat and grinning, which our school was named in honor of him.  I’ve always admired his top hat and beard.  I scooted beside him and looked behind me to make sure no one was watching.

“Why good morning, Mr. Lincoln,” I greeted.  “I have to say, I love your sense of fashion.”

Lincoln’s picture stood there with no movement.  Well of course, no picture that moves exists like in Harry Potter, for example.  But at least I complimented him, and he’s still grinning!  Haha.

“But anyway, I’d like to get to know you.  What’s your favorite color?” I went on.  “I guess it’s black?”

More grinning.  I’m correct!  I smiled.  “Why, my favorite color is turquoise.  Yes, it’s a very unique color and I—”

“What are you doing?  Talking to a picture?” A familiar male voice said behind me.

I turned around and saw some guy standing there.  It's an obvious sign that he wants to talk to me.  Usually once in a while, guys that I don't like try to talk to me, but end up annoying me.  But this guy caught my attention.  His clothes  were even more familiar.

“No, talking to my butt,” I said sarcastically while crossing my arms.  “And who are you?”

“I asked you a question first, and I’m the guy you met earlier,” he chuckled.

“Oh.  Oh!” I exclaimed and blushed.  I didn’t realize that.  It’s just that I didn’t recognize him.  This time, his hoodie was off his head. 

I stared at him for a bit.  He looks dreamy.  He has dark brown hair (a little bit like Justin Bieber’s old hair) and is wearing cool nerdy glasses.  He has a cute smile and a standard nose.  

“Haha.  So what were you actually doing?” he asked, making me break out of my stare.

Unexpectedly, I began mumbling and noticed that he was laughing.  My retarded mind made me snap out of it again.

“Um… I was thinking that Lincoln was lonely, so I decided that I can talk to him…” I blushed again in embarrassment. 

“Okay… I’ll take that as an answer,” he chuckled again.  “Oh yeah, what’s your name?”

“Hey Ronnie!” My jock boyfriend popped out of nowhere.  His name is Marc.  He hugged me a little roughly and gave me a peck on the lips.

I stuttered at first, “Uh-um hi… Marc.”

It was absolutely rude that Marc had suddenly jumped in front of the guy just to talk to me.  “Excuse me, Marc, but you had been very impolite to my new friend here,” I said. 

Marc rotated to face my friend.  “Oh, I know this dude!  What’s up, little buddy?” Marc got him into a headlock and ruffled his hair. 

How does he know him? I thought.

Marc finally let him go after a couple seconds after I tried to tear his arms away from my friend's head.

“You messed up my hair!” my friend exclaimed after getting out Marc's arms.  “Spent five minutes to make it perfect.”  He mumbled cuss words under his breath.

“Aw, it’s okay.  Let me fix it up,” I offered to help, but he stepped back.

“I got it, but thanks… Ronnie,” he slightly grinned and walked away. 

“Come on Ronnie, let’s leave that loser alone.” Marc took my hand and started sauntering toward the back of the school.

“Hold on, Marc!  All I wanna know, what is his name?” I stopped immediately.

He perked up, “Oh, you want to help me come up with some names for him?”

“Well actually—”

“Wimp.  The Gay Lord.  Nerd.  Bazinga Geek.”

I shook my head.  Marc saw my reaction and asked, “What?  You have any better names?”

“No.  Just… no.  Just tell me his real name, for goodness’ sake!”

“Okay, okay.  That wimp’s name is Cody.”  Marc crinkled his nose at his name.  “Why are you so interested in him?”

I ignored his question. 

“Thank you, Marc.  That’s all I wanted to know,” I smiled and took his hand to walk to the back of the school where most of the jocks and cheerleaders hang out before school starts. 

Right now, I honestly wanted to go to get to know Cody more.  I guess I have to wait until first period to talk to him since my overly attached boyfriend won't let me go anywhere.

(C) sweet_turquoise 

A/N: Picture of Cody on the side!  Isn't he cute?  Haha.  (: --------> 

(Victoria Justice stars as Ronnie)