Chapter 9 (part 1)

After changing into my pajamas I take a moment to look at myself in the bathroom mirror. I still look the same that I remember, at least. The only difference I can really make out is I've lost the baby fat from my cheeks. My face looks thinner more grown up but I notice that when I look at my eyes... They still look, child-like I guess. I wonder if anyone else can see it or if it's just me. It's like my outside grew up but I'm still the little 18 year old I remember. In some ways that brings me comfort in other ways it makes me think of all the experience these eyes have missed or... forgotten, I should say.
A sudden knock on the door makes me jump. "You alright in there?" I hear Andrews voice say.
I take a deep breath before answering "yea I'm fine. I'll be right out."
"Okay I'll be in the living room."
"Okay. Thanks."
"No problem." I listen for footsteps but don't hear any. Is he still at the door? Or does he just walk silently? I step closer to the door and am startled again by his voice "Ashley?"
"Um... Yea?" My hand was already on the door knob but I let it go almost like it shocked me. I don't want to go out until he leaves.
"I know I've already said this but... You know I'm here for you right?" I sigh and turn leaning my back against the door.
"Yea..." I reply almost silently.
He continues. "I didn't really know you that well before the accident. So you know... I thought that might be like I don't know refreshing... For you, I guess. I can't answer a lot of questions about your past. But I'd really like to be your future friend." I slide down to the ground to sit and feel tears start to come into my eyes. It's all just so overwhelming. "Also... I've never lost my memory but my grandpa. Well he has Alzheimer's. So I kinda get it. Like it's similar to the situation. I think, I don't know. I'm just trying to help." My silent tears start to turn into sobs and even though I try to hold them in my breathing comes out in loud spurts. "Ashley? Can you open the door? Please?"
"Why?" I say between sobs.
"So I can see you. I need to make sure your okay."
I don't reply. I wipe my eyes and slowly get up from my position. With a deep breath I turn toward the door. Quickly I unlock it and open it to find Andrew waiting there for me. He looks surprised that I opened it so quickly. I shake my head slowly. "I'm not okay." I say quietly and the tears I was able to wrangle in momentarily come spilling out again. Andrew opens his arms in an invitation and I fall into him. I'm probably soaking his shirt but he doesn't seem to care so I decide not to either.
He rubs my back soothingly as he holds me. After a few moments he grabs my shoulders and softly pushes me away to look me in the eyes. "It's okay, to not be okay. I want you to know that Ashley." I nod. He places his arm over my shoulder and leads me away from the bathroom. "Let's go watch a movie or something." He says with a small comforting smile.