Chapter Ten

Srry 4 the really long wait. Here's a a xtra long chapter to make it up 2 u guys

***************************************************************************************

Thankfully the pet shelter wasn't too far from our new home. We pulled into the parking lot and found a double space that we could pull into with the trailer. The three of us got out grabbing our wallets and my keys. Once out I locked the truck then walked to the trailer.

"Alright you two, be on your best behavior here, that means not leaving any droppings inside. So, if you need to do so, do it now."

'We're good mama.' Vit answered for both of them.

"All right, let's clip on the leashes and head in." I said, grabbing their leashes from the hooks. They stayed in the trailer until they were secured in their bindings. They were very excited but they stayed at my side as we walked into the building. There was a wolf at the front desk, his name tag had "Skylar" written on it. He didn't smell of a pack so he was most likely a rogue, but less threatening than a normal one. The five of us walked up to him. I let out a little Alpha, Vit jumped onto the counter, and Nera laid her head on the countertop.

"Woah, that's something I never thought I'd see working here." Skylar mumbled, "Hi, how may I help you?" He continued. Vit pointed his wing tip towards the door to the cats.

"As Vit is trying to say, we are here to adopt one or more kittens." I answered, rolling my eyes at Vit. "These two get the final say in the matter but one of them will be my birthday present. I'll buy the others though." I explained.

"Alrighty then, let me grab the keys really quick." He said rummaging through a drawer. "By the way, sorry if this might seem a little rude, but I don't recognise your pack scent. Are you new to this area?" He questioned, while walking towards the door.

"Yes and no. My father has land in this area that we were given for training. My father's pack is quite a few hours south. For now we are a small pack but we are looking for more members. So if you happen to know anyone looking to be in a pack I'll leave my number." I casually hinted. He seemed to be thinking it over, but then put the thought aside.

"Well, here are our kittens, go ahead and look around." He said, but there weren't many actually. There were ten all together. Four of them are a litter of Silver Bengals and five are a litter of Siamese kittens, as well as one little Russian Blue. She was curled up by herself until the other kittens noticed us.

"What do you two think? How many should we get?" I asked as I knelt down to pick them up so they could see.

'Are they all without their parents?' Nera asked, in a worried voice.

"Most likely." I replied, softly stroking her head.

'How about all of them, then?' She asked, hopeful for a positive answer.

"Is that what you want? We'll need to get more supplies if so." I asked, looking at her. Without turning she nodded. "All right, Luke you pay for this one," I said pointing to the lonely kitten, "and I'll pay for the rest." I said to Skylar, "I'd also like to buy extra supplies as I was only planning for one or two." I laughed.

"That's a lot but okay, let me get these guys ready for you. Did you want a temporary carrier, or would you like to pick one from our store?"

"We brought one with us. Can I hold this one though?"

"Yeah, let me unlock this, and here you go, her name is Nova. Each kitten has their name written on the paper collars they have. I'll go grab an application." He said, handing me the kitten. He came back a few minutes later with a pen and paper on a clipboard. "Just fill out everything except the signatures we copy the first one then you will only need to sign on all of them." I did as he said, then handed back the clipboard and paper when I finished. Skylar left once more, then came back with the clipboard. The one I filled out was on top of nine copies. I signed all ten, with Nova sitting on my shoulder watching my movements. Skylar then puts labels on each of the kittens name slots saying 'Adoption Pending' so no one else tries to buy them.