New, for now

Shota Aizawa waves a small goodbye to Mirio and Katsuki who say goodbye back (one energetic and one annoyed) walking separate ways, to more presumably the exit of the hospital.

Before Mirio said he had to get his school bag and papers he left in the room, Shota spoke with Katsuki while Mirio grabbed it. Izuku was asleep while he received said items. Shota also said to Mirio he will keep him posted about Izuku and will stay with him for an unidentified time. Mirio asked him if he could tell him when he could visit Izuku again, Shota nodded, allowing permission. Katsuki was quiet.

Plus, Mirio told him what he needs to do for Izuku. The rules and how to take care of him. Shota plans to help Izuku slowly adjust to doing things independently. But for now, he will help Izuku.

Shota was pleased that the two both agreed with their given roles, allowing the plan to begin. Or Operation Deku. Which to Shota's mind, he doesn't care what it is called, which is a given. Though, he questions why Katsuki would name it "Deku" even knowing he used it as a rude nickname towards Izuku.

The man followed the halls, watching the people wising around the hospital at work. Speaking of work, after the raid, he had to do patrols and regular hero business, but he was pretty persuasive saying Izuku needed help. Besides, there is a tone of heroes on site, it won't make a huge difference if he is gone for a bit.

Arriving at the door, he softly wrapped his fingers around the knob, twisting it, allowing the door to open. He calmly pushed the door with a hand, peeking his head out to see if Izuku was still sleeping. Luckily, he was.

Like where he saw him last time, he was softly snoring cuddled up to the pillow and blankets. The traditional hospital gear they give patients is uncomfortable, however seeing Izuku warmed up and calmly sleeping, makes it look like it is the most comfortable place you can be.

Shota walked without a peep, sitting down on the side chairs. Izuku would sometimes move a limb but mostly stayed still. A nurse had come in glaring and annoyed at Shota for being there. Shota made a simple argument saying he needs to stay or Izuku will be sicker. The nurse rolled their eyes, quickly doing a check-up on Izuku.

The equipment that was attached to him was ripped off due to him trying to make a break for it was back on his body in the correct places. Shota asked why certain ones like the heart monitor or the IV were needed, the nurse simply said to make sure he doesn't get sicker. Which is stupid because Izuku was "sick" mentally, not physically.

The nurse had left a while ago, judging by the time, two hours had passed. Shota spent the hours on his phone texting other people who were in the raid, trying to get any information possible. Anything would be good at this point.

It worries him that he is in the unknown when it comes to Izuku waking up. He doesn't know how he will act or anything. He just wants to be there for Izuku and if Izuku wants him to leave, (must provide a good reason, of course) he will leave.

It made him sick thinking back on what Overhaul and Chronostasis did to Izuku. Sure what they did was good, they took excellent care of his physical health. His mental health was a different story.

He also began to think about Izuku's future living situation. He has talked with children's services and the hospital, each saying he needs to find a home. Shota took his shot, hoping he is able to have Izuku live with him. He knows if Iuzku were to go to an orphanage, it would be hell. In the end, he is able to take Izuku home after he is checked out of the terrible hospital.

A mumble broke him out of his thoughts, Shota looked up from his lap, waiting for Izuku to do the first move.

In a flash, Izuku shot up from the bed looking terrified. His eyes were wide and his body was shaking. In his unkempt hair, Izuku looked down at his legs that were covered with a blanket. A loud whimper and a sniffle alarmed Shota.