Lies

Izuku looks down at his lap as a song plays in the background. Mirio had put it on, saying it calmed him when he got stressed. Which had worked for Izuku, at least a bit.

He still felt nervous and frightened over the whole... situation with the blond guy. Him saying "Angel" confused him to no end. Why would he say that? It's a sensitive topic for him, he misses Kai and Hari deeply. Him hearing "Angel" doesn't help the whole feeling at all. It made him remember the times he was with the two men. The good and the bad.

He also hated the fact that he could recall the blond guy to an extent. He remembered a feeling that made him cry his eyes out. It took a while for Mirio to fully calm him down. And that's why there is music playing in the background.

He should ask him what music is....

Mirio was sitting down on a chair at the side of the bed doing some sort of work. He held a yellow-looking stick, moving it up and down on a white piece of paper with black letters.

"Mirio?" Izuku whispered, he wasn't sure if he wanted to ask what he was doing. It felt like he shouldn't.

"Yes?" Izuku looked at Mirio who had stopped the stick from moving.

Izuku didn't know how to phrase it so instead of talking, he pointed towards the piece of paper on Mirio's lap.

Mirio looked down, "Oh!" Looking up, he stood grabbing the items. Sitting down in the bed, Izuku moved his body so that his legs were hanging off the bed, just like Mirio was doing it.

"See here," Mirio showed the paper to Izuku. It was a whole bunch of letters and numbers in lines. Huh?

"This is my homework I got from school. It's math. Ohhhh math, we never get along."

"Huh?" Izuku squinted his eyes at the paper, what is this?

Mirio watched Izuku's face morph to a confused facial expression.

"Do you know what... math is?"

Izuku shook his head.

"It's a school subject. A class I need to take." Mirio explained.

"'chool s-subject?"

Mirio held in the laugh that was trying to come out, it was adorable watching Izuku try to pronounce those two words. "Do you know what that is?"

Izuku's eyes stayed on the paper, a shake of the head.

Before Mirio explained what school subjects are, he had a thought. "Do you know what school is?"

Izuku looked up, Mirio looked... It was an odd expression. Not sad or disappointed, rather confused? He looked down, Kai and Hari never said anything like that before. Even if they did, he didn't know what they meant by it.

"No," he whispered.

Mirio didn't know what to say. Izuku is at least 14 or 15 years old, he could tell that from the records about him. He knows Izuku went through junior school because of what Bakugo said. After seeing Izuku for the first time and the second time, he looked like he was younger than 10. Maybe he looked like he was 12 but how he talked and did things and in this case, know things; it makes him look like he is 5. That showed Kai and Hari doing other things to Izuku, not just taking care of him. He knows Izuku has been missing for two years. Anything could have happened to the boy. In those two years, Izuku must have been adapted to act a certain way. Why, though? And what did they do to Izuku? He knows asking Izuku, will not work. More than likely, Izuku didn't know the answer. The only way they could figure it out is through talking to Kai and Hari.