"I'm sure everything will be fine, babes. Try not to stress too much, okay?"

"I know. I just really want them to have a good relationship. I think it's so cool that I get along well with Jason's family, and I want the same for him. I just want us to all be happy at the end of the day."

Cassie grabbed onto my hand, supporting Grayson with the other as she looked into my eyes. "You're so good at overthinking babes, don't worry."

"You're right." I nodded, squeezing her hand. "My parents already like him, and he likes them too. It's going to work out."

"Now that's more like it." She smiled, breaking out into a yawn shortly after.

"Maybe you should sleep while he's sleeping." I suggested, glancing down at Grayson. "Isn't that what people recommend that you do when you have a newborn."

Cassie shrugged. "Yeah, but I'm too anxious to sleep when it's just him and I. I'd rather wait until Russ comes home so he can just take over. The boys should be back in a few anyway. It's almost eight."

"Oh yeah, it is." I sighed, looking down at my phone.

"I can't believe you're up this early anyway."

"Well, I wanted to come and check on you and Gray since it's your first morning with him, and Russ isn't here."

Cassie smiled small, adjusting Gray in her arms and patting his back softly. "We appreciate you for that. I needed company."

"Anytime Cass, I'm footsteps away from you guys. Jason and I both are here for you guys."

"Speaking of Jason, he was so good with Grayson yesterday." She smiled, shooting a wink my way.

Rolling my eyes at her, I held up my hand, signaling her to stop where she was headed.

"What?!" Cassie exclaimed with a laugh. "I know you saw how adorable he looked with his godson."

"Fine, it was so cute. He's a natural." I admitted, feeling my cheeks flush.

I'd be lying if watching Jason; this big, strong fireman soften into puddy as he held tiny Grayson in his arms didn't give me baby fever. It was so precious to watch him interact with him with ease.

"He's going to be a great dad one day, one day." I emphasized, lifting my brows.

Cassie rolled her eyes at me but then nodded her head in response. "I love teasing you, but in all seriousness, get your degree and become a nurse first babes. I know that's your dream. Babies are only going to make it that much harder to achieve."

I knew at that moment that Cassie was talking to herself more than she was talking to me. I could see it written all over her face.

"I love my son." She continued, "I love him more than anything in this world, but dammit, I know it's going to be an uphill battle with college and starting a career."

"Uphill battle or not, you're going to do it Cass. Everyone here is rooting for you to succeed. You're not alone. All of us are here to help."

"It's just-"

"Nope." I stopped her, brushing her fiery red hair back from her face. "I'm not going to let you sit here and beat yourself up because you don't deserve it. You wouldn't let me do it to myself either."

"You're right."

"Oh I know I am, I know you," I assured her with a laugh. "And because I know you, I know that you're going to be everything you've ever wanted to be, and now you have this little person here to cheer you on for the rest of your life."