The Little Prince

Once upon a time, there lived a lonely prince. His parents left him at the unfortunately young of eleven, and he was left to rule the small but respectable country Siam. According to the court of elders, the king and queen were at sea, on their way to an alliance talk to secure a reliable trade route for their kingdom, when a storm hit and their ship and the entire crew was lost.

The Suthiluck Prince had no other family except for his two older sisters who had already been married in political strategy to two neighboring countries. With duties and new families of their own, neither of them could come back to care for their baby brother or their home country.

Consequently, that left the prince at the end of the puppet strings of the court, who largely controlled the political climate and agenda for the next 7 years.

However, the prince was about to come of age, and he would be able to be crowned as King. And the court would not stop pushing him to take Princess Praepailin as his future bride.

"Her country is able to support us financially."

"Our people won't have to go hungry ever again."

"You will have such beautiful children."

"She's perfect for you, Your Highness."

"You don't need to marry for love."

Kongpob sighed and stared out the window, his cheek in his palm as he contemplated his next move.

He had just narrowly escaped another dreadfully long meeting with the court elders who were seriously getting on his last nerve.

Just three more years... and by then I will have implemented a merit-based system for the court.

Gone will be these ancient family names who only care about preserving their own titles and wealth and only those who prove worthy will be allowed a place on my court.

But he has to survive this fiasco first.

Honestly there was nothing wrong with Prae. In fact, she was a good childhood friend of Kongpob's, one of a very select few.

However, neither of them would actually be happy in their marriage.

He knows Prae has her sights on the beautiful daughter of a loyal general of his. He also happened to know that this daughter returned Prae's affections.

In fact, he was going to grant their marriage proposal once he became King.

As for him, is it so bad that he wants to find love in his marriage?

While he is left wanting for nothing, he desperately misses being loved and loving someone in return.

His heart ached when his childhood memories flashed before his eyes. How his mother and father would read him bedtime stories and tuck him in at night. How his sisters would hold his hands and take him out to the garden to play.

On the very last week of spring, right before the heat of summer would roll around, his parents would take him and his sisters on a day trip to the lake where they would have a picnic on the hill, and play late into the evening to count the stars in the sky.

His father would put him up on his shoulders and if he was lucky, then he could find a shooting star to wish upon.

A single tear slipped down his cheek.

No one he loved was with him anymore.

Won't someone love me for me?

Knowing that this was his one chance to find love, Kongpob steeled himself and his resolution.

Our Love Stories [✔️]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara