[18]

Haechan's POV

I just can't explain how happy I am right now. It's been a week since we became official.

"So uh, do you think I'm annoying?" she asked

"No" I faced her "Why?"

She shook her head and rested her head on my chest.

"Who made you feel like you're annoying?" I asked.

Something's bothering her, I'm sure of that. But she doesn't want to tell me.

"No it's nothing" she answered

I just nodded. I didn't want to force her into telling me about that. If she needs her time, I'll give it to her even if it'll take all night or a hundred years.

She's a strong independent woman. She's stronger than I am, she's braver than me. And I love that about her. But at times like this, I just want her to lean on me, be more open about her feelings. I want her to cry on my shoulder and just let everything out instead of bottling it up.

But, I have to respect her decision sooo I'll just wait until she opens up.

I took her hand and kissed the back of her hand.

"You're perfect the way you are" I reassured her and smiled

***

I'm proud to say that we won the semis and will now play at the finals. It's the best record our team has got since two years.

I'm supposed to feel happy but something's missing. No, scratch that, someone's missing.

I haven't seen her today, yesterday as well. She's busy, focusing on her studies. Not tryna be cringe but I miss her. HAHAHAHA I'm not used to not seeing her after a game. Coz even if she doesn't watch, she would always come to the stadium even after the game ended just to greet us.

"I told you, she's finishing her requirements, also, she needs to sort herself" Jeno said

"Is something bothering her?" I asked

"I'll let her tell you that" he answered

"The thing is, she doesn't open up to me" I informed him

"She doesn't open up to me either" Jeno sighed "She keeps everything to herself"

"Was she always like that?" I asked. Damn, I thought I knew her but I never really did.

"No" he answered "She was showy, she's expressive. Especially when she met Sunwoo"

"I guess that Sunwoo was a great guy huh? Jieun trusted him" I whispered

"You're better than him, I'm sure" Jeno patted my shoulder "He was a jerk, he left her with no words and broke my sister"

"What if I did the same?" I joked

"I'll haunt you" he answered with a piercing gaze "But I'm pretty sure you won't, I hope"

"Wow, the hesitation" I said and rolled my eyes

"Let's go, we should be celebrating you idiot" he then dragged me "She'll be more expressive, give her time. If only you knew how much you've helped her and made her happy"

"Thanks"

I'll keep my sunshine happy, no matter what.