The parting of the ways- part three

Rose just watches - can do nothing but look on as the hologram flickers before fading altogether. 

Rose: You can't do this to me. 

She strides over to the console.

Rose: You can't.

She rages at the TARDIS, slamming down every available button and lever, yelling in desperation.

Rose: Take me back! Take me back! 

The pain is evident on her face as she rattles at the controls, having no effect whatsoever on the TARDIS. The engines eventually die down and grind to a halt. Rose abandons the console, runs across the room, flings open the doors and rushes outside... Rose finds herself looking up at the block of flats where she lives on a grey and dismal day. She runs back inside, refusing to accept what has happened. 

Rose: Come on, fly. How do you fly? Come on, HELP ME! 

But to no avail. 

Mickey rushes in to view from round a corner at the end of the road and bolts down the street in time to see Rose stepping slowly out of the TARDIS doors, defeated. She leans against the side as he catches up with her. 

Mickey: I knew it! I was all the way down Clifton's Parade, and I heard the engines and I thought 'there's only one thing that makes a noise like that'. 

As he gets closer, he realises that she is in tears. 

Mickey: What is it? But Rose says nothing as she reaches blindly out to him, clinging to him with her eyes screwed up against the pain and the tears.

The Satellite rotates calmly above the Earth. The Warden and The Doctor are working alone. 

Jack: Rose, I've called up the internal laser codes. There should be a different number on every screen, can you read them out to me? 

The Doctor: She's not here. 

Jack: Of all the times to take a leak! When she gets back, tell her to read me the codes! 

The Doctor: She's not coming back. 

Jack: What d'you mean? Where'd she go? 

The Doctor: Just get on with your work. 

Jack: You took her home, didn't you? 

The Warden: Yeah.

Jack nods, not at all surprised. He realises how hopeless their situation is. 

Jack: The Delta Wave... is it ever gonna be ready? 

Emperor Dalek: Tell him the truth, Warden. 

And the Doctor and the Warden look up to see an image of the Emperor Dalek projected onto the screen. 

Emperor Dalek: There is every possibility that the Delta Wave could be complete, but no possibility of refining it. The Delta Wave must kill every living thing in its path, with no distinction between Human and Dalek. All things will die. By your hand. 

The Warden does not answer. 

Jack: Warden... the range of this transmitter covers the entire Earth. 

Emperor Dalek: You would destroy Daleks and Humans together. If I am God, the creator of all things, then what does that make you, Time Lords? 

The Doctor: There are colonies out there. The Human Race would survive in some shape or form, but you're the only Daleks in existence. The whole universe is in danger if I let you live.