The end of the world- part four

Computer voice: Earth Death in 15 minutes. Earth Death in 15 minutes.

Before the Doctor and Jabe enter, several spiders scurry out of view. 

The Doctor: Who's in charge of Platform One? Is there a captain or what? 

Jabe: There's just the steward and the staff. All the rest is controlled by the metal man. 

The Doctor: You mean the computer? But who controls that? 

Jabe: The Corporation. They move Platform One from one artistic event to another. 

The Doctor is silent for a moment. 

The Doctor: But there's no one from the corporation on board. 

Jabe: They're not needed. This facility is purely automatic. It's the height of the alpha class. Nothing can go wrong. 

The Doctor: Unsinkable? 

Jabe: If you like. The nautical metaphor is appropriate. 

The Doctor: You're telling me. I was on board another ship once with The Warden. They said that was unsinkable... I ended up clinging to an iceberg, it wasn't half cold. So, what you're saying is, if we get in trouble there's no one to help us out? 

Jabe: I'm afraid not. 

The Doctor: Fantastic. 

He starts walking again. 

Jabe: I don't understand. In what way is THAT fantastic? 

Behind them, a spider creeps out of its hiding place. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Warden is conversing with The Face of Boa and Rose is talking to Cassandra. They are looking out of a window at the sun and down at the Earth. 

Cassandra: Soon, the sun will blossom into a red giant, and my home will die. That's where I used to live, when I was a little boy. Down there. Mummy and Daddy had a little house built into the side of the Los Angeles Crevice. I had such fun. 

Rose: What happened to everyone else? The Human Race, where did it go? 

Cassandra: They say Mankind has touched every star in the sky. 

Rose: So, you're NOT the last human. 

Cassandra: I am the last PURE human. The others... mingled. Oh, they call themselves "New Humans" and "Proto-humans" and "Digi-humans" even "Human-ish" but you know what I call them? Mongrels. 

Rose: Right. And you stayed behind. 

Cassandra: I kept myself pure. 

Rose: How many operations have you had? 

Cassandra: 708. Next week, it's 709, I'm having my blood bleached. Is that why you wanted a word? You could be flatter, Rose. You've got a little bit of a chin poking out. 

Rose: I'd rather die. 

Cassandra: Honestly, it doesn't hurt... 

Rose: No, I mean it. I'd rather die. It's better to die than live like you, a bitchy trampoline.

(A/N: Yes kids watched this show with their parents, I was there)

 Cassandra: Oh well. What do you know. 

Rose: I was born on that planet. And so was my mum, and so was my dad and that makes me officially the last human being in this room, 'cause you're not human. You've had it all nipped and tucked and flattened till there's nothing left. Anything human got chucked in the bin. You're just skin, Cassandra. Lipstick and skin. Nice talking.