Chapter 5

I've watched the clock on the wall of the garage all day as it taunted me by going painfully slow. This has been the longest day of my damn life.

I've patiently waited for 5pm for what feels like 3 fucking days at this point.

I told Kaylie I would swing by her Moms to pick up her car as soon as I finished work. Now, I know I'm the boss and I finish work when I say I finish but I told her I shut up shop at 5 and I refuse to close up any earlier just because I want to see her.

Just as my watch strikes 4.30 and I'm debating shutting shop and telling her I got finished early I hear the clicking of heels on the garage floor and an obnoxiously loud voice, "Coleeee, helloooo"

"Jesus woman do you have to be so fucking loud?" I ask coming out from underneath the car I was supposed to be working on instead of thinking about Kaylie.

"Do you have to be such a fucking dick?" She shoots back as she jumps onto a work bench, crossing one leg over the other.

"What do you want Mia?"

"I want a brother that answers his texts. Ellen popped out three and not one of you seem capable of using your phones for anything other than checking sports scores and watching porn."

"Nice." I smile at her sarcastically and she returns it with her own sarcastic smile. Always such the lady is my darling sister.

"I came to see how you are." She's looking straight into my eyes, she's like a human lie detector and is ready to call me out on any bullshit.

"Nope." I tell her as I pick up a wrench and get to work looking busy under the hood of this car.

"What do you mean, 'nope'?"

"I mean we aren't doing this touchy feely shit. Also I did text you back this morning, now who's using their phone for sports and porn?" I shoot at her thinking I had her stumped for a change.

"The only porn on my phone is the home made kind, not the fake shit I've caught you all at some point or another watching" She's either forgetting it's me she's talking too or just not caring.

I know forgot which sister I was talking to. Mia always says the first thing on her mind and it's not always something I want to hear coming from my little sister.

"Yep okay I'm good, feel free to leave now."

She laughs as she jumps back off the work bench. "Sorry." She stops as she remembers something, "Oh, Grace's graduation is next Friday and Mom needs to get tickets, are you coming?" She asks.

"Wouldn't miss it. I'll shut the garage for the day."

"Chloe is taking her away for a few days. She's taking her for a spa weekend, she thought it could be good for her to get away after, well yano. She won't be home 'til Thursday night."

I nod my head in agreement, "That's a good idea."

She nods her head, shadowing my movement before she decides she's finished annoying me for the day. "Toodle pip." She says in a horrible, fake British accent. She clearly spends too much time with her boyfriend Nate who's British.

I watch as she gets in her car and drives away and as soon as she's put of sight I turn the open sign onto the side that reads closed and start preparing to close up shop.

My body is buzzing in anticipation at seeing Kaylie again and I'm not wasting anymore time.

I run through my mental check list in my head as I close up.

- Turn everything off, check.

- Grab the cashbox, check.

- Grab all the invoices to take home and sort through, check.

- All the lights switched off, check.

- Shutters down, check.

When I finally park my car outside of My Mom's house I don't waist a second before cutting across the lawn and knocking on the front door before I loose my nerve.

A few seconds later Hunter's standing at the front door, "Hey man, what you doing here?"

I regret my next words the moment they leave my mouth and a smirk takes over Hunter's stupid fucking face.

"I'm here to see your sister."