three.

The next day, Astrid's humor was infinitely better. Not only had Warren worshipped her like a Goddess the night prior, but he voiced his feelings as well.

She knew he wasn't very expressive with words, not even with her. It wasn't in his nature to be so, so the fact that he said all those things meant a lot. She cherished everything Warren was willing to give her and never took him for granted.

As the couple headed downstairs to the kitchen after taking a bath and getting dressed, Dwayne greeted them from the stove as he finished preparing breakfast, not commenting on the electric issues as he was already used to it.

Not that they enjoyed being aware of that every time a power cut happened. It'd be great if the silver-haired girl learned to control her abilities better so everyone could feign ignorance to that small fact.

"Ast, I'll be late tonight, so don't worry about dinner, okay?" Her uncle informed after kissing her on the forehead.

"It's okay, Warren will work today, so I'll just hang out there and bring back something for you." She sat by the kitchen table beside her boyfriend and grabbed a piece of bacon, some scrambled eggs, and a toast for herself.

"You know what I like," he smiled before joining the couple.

"Of course," she chuckled.

"Take care of her, War."

"Of course, Dwayne."

🔥

Their first period was with Mr. Medulla, a mad scientist with an enormous head, who just so happened to be Astrid's favorite teacher. There was something about his sarcastic humor and his cynical remarks that just matched hers. The only downside was his assistant, Gwen Grayson.

For someone with superior intelligence and with such an enormous brain, he still could be quite well fooled by the innocent smiles of Plastic Barbie.

Just like in every other class, Astrid and Warren sat together, pretty much because no one else dared to pair up with either of them. Not that they cared. Once they got each other, it was like they didn't need anyone else.

"What are you doing?" The hot-headed boy asked as he watched his girlfriend mix some random substances.

"No idea," she admitted. "Although I love this class, I don't know what I'm doing half of the time."

He rose an eyebrow at that. "How do you even manage to get high grades in this subject?"

"Well, for starters, I have a brilliant boyfriend who helps me whenever I need," she gave him a sweet smile. "But I also put some actual effort into my homework and exams. And acing a test doesn't mean I completely understand how things work. This class is called Mad Science for a reason."

"Very well put, Ms. Starkweather," Mr. Medulla offered one of his rare compliments. Despite not enjoying teenagers altogether, he did have a soft spot for the girl who was one of his best students. "I wish all of your colleagues could put at least half of the work you do into this--"

Mr. Medulla was interrupted by an explosion coming from a table nearby, causing the power to turn off as the entire building shook.

"It wasn't my fault this time," Astrid murmured to Warren, who shook his head in amusement.

The scientist calmed down the other students, not fazed by what happened as it was a typical occurrence during his classes. Astrid had a strong suspicion that deep down, he enjoyed it when something exploded.