two.

"If your goal is to make him uncomfortable, then I'd say you're doing a great job at it, 'cause I'm also feeling rather uneasy with your staring," Astrid commented offhandedly.

Her output earned a dirty look, but it didn't faze her. Just like Warren had an eternal scowl on his face, Astrid had an everlasting nonchalant behavior. While he seemed to hate everyone - which wasn't too far from the truth, to be honest - she looked like someone who didn't care about anyone and anything.

"I'm itching to set him on fire," he grumbled, not taking his eyes off the boy who just sat at the table close to theirs.

She nodded in understanding. "I know what you mean. He has this permanent stupid look on his face. Like he's an abandoned puppy, but without the cuteness."

He gave her a strange look, but she shrugged, standing with her comparison.

"It baffles me how you two are related."

"I personally think I'm a lot like my uncle, so I don't particularly consider myself related to the Strongholds beyond the genetics aspect. Plus, I look nothing like them."

"Yeah, you're gorgeous," he smirked before resuming his glaring at the boy and his friends.

Astrid spent a few minutes nursing her burger, then resumed her conversation with her boyfriend. "By the way, I won't be able to go to your work on Friday. It seems Mr. Silver will be coming over for dinner." Warren's corner of the lips curled up, the most emotion he dared to display at school. "What's so funny?"

"I remembered hearing some girls gossiping about how handsome Mr. Silver is and how they were trying to catch his attention," he rolled his eyes at the ridiculousness of their gush.

Amusement played on her eyes in response, as her mouth was quite busy chewing on the last bite of her lunch.

"I'd love to see their faces if they knew he doesn't play for the same team," she expressed after swallowing her food.

🔥

"A reminder. There is no smoking on the school grounds. Or freezing or bursting into flames," a female voice came from the public address system while the couple walked towards their History class after lunch.

"She's talking about you," Astrid poked Warren on his side.

"At least I'm not the one who causes a power cut when we're in the middle of, you know..."

Astrid flushed, aware of what he was implying. "Well, what can I say?" She tried to sound casual, blasé, but he knew better. His girlfriend is not usually shy. In fact, it's a struggle to make her embarrassed about pretty much anything, but because her powers go a bit out of control when she reaches the peak of her pleasure, he teases her relentlessly. "Whenever we're together, sparks fly."

"At least I know I'm doing something right," he chuckles, always finding her reactions lovely.

As they were about to turn around a corner, Warren came face to face with Will Stronghold, immediately making the smirk he was sporting fade into an intense glare.

Will was startled as he cracked his head up to look at Warren, who was a good 7 inches taller than him. What surprised Astrid was that he had the common sense to keep his mouth shut and scatter away from them. God knew that anything he said would unleash the beast growling inside her lover.

"You were right," the hot-headed boy commented," he has a stupid look on his face."

Astrid snorted and pulled him away towards their class.