"They were sent out already," She murmured. Y/N ignored the question, changing the subject "Business?"

"Yeah" He took the change, "Something with boring trade deals." Ranboo sighed, gaze still on the arrow that was in the tree.

"You want me to get that for you? Since I know you wouldn't be able to reach it" The tall boy teased, the girl just rolled their eyes, but saying yes to answer.

And so he went to the back tree, Y/N watched him for a bit, before looking at her fingers which had lines to show the way she handled the string.

Ranboo went on his tippy toes, gripping the wood with ease as he took it out the brown bark. Going back to his usual height and twirled it around in his fingers. Mesmerised at the craftsmen ship of the swirling design.

He looked back over to the girl, watching her blink quickly before meeting his eyes. Smiling gratefully, "Thank you,"

"No problem" The slender man said once next to her again, throwing the arrow into the air as she caught it. Looking at it herself,

The air was all that could be heard for a while, Ranboo seemed to always look at the targets in the middle of the short field.

His facial expression said that he wanted to say something, ask something. But he was riddled with reasons why not to. Self doubt that he was reading the situation wrong, even if he knew everything that happened.

Opening his mouth, only to close it again. She seemed happier, Y/N seemed okay. Key point on seemed.
But he got the courage to say it anyway.

"Y/N?"
She hummed, looking at the bow in her hands before placing it near a stump.

"Are you okay?"

That phrase. It's the one phrase that some people that are not okay don't want to hear. It has some kind of fake magic that makes the people tell the truth, express their emotions and show what they were hiding.

It makes people cry, the tears that they held in for long. It makes people lie; or the more fortunate tell the truth.
That one phrase makes someone happier, or someone else sadder.

"I-"
Y/N stuttered,
"Because, you just seem, upset. And your face is red and such," Ranboo explained, now turning to look at the frozen in place girl.

"I'm fine." Her voice made it seem like she was saying it to herself, "I am perfect- perfectly fine." Saying it again to drill it in her mind, taking a breath before continuing.

And she was the person who would lie.

"Are you sure?" Ranboo was sincere, but she shook him off once it creeped into her mind.
"Yeah- of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?"

She hooked the arrow back into her bow, stretching out her arms and narrowing at the target. He watched, wanting to say more.

"Techno- uh. Told me about, your mom with Dream." He said next, just as she was about to shoot. Making her angle weird and lopsided as she turned to him.

".. What about my mother and Dream?" She stayed resilient, going to the target to start picking off the arrows. "And its really late- you should probably go back to where you are staying. If you aren't staying in the cas- my home of course." Was her trying to change the subject.

"I'm sorry, didn't mean to be intrusive. Just, know that her opinion doesn't matter. You both are so, so happy. And just to see you-" He followed her, glancing back at the target "- destroying things. I am here if you need an excuse or something, since you helped that one time with Schlatt. I kind of need to repay you"