Chapter 35- Listening

Start from the beginning

****

Chloe had soon left me back in the reception, with some words of encouragement and that the driver should be here. I wasn't waiting long until he arrived.

Giving him an address, he dropped me right outside. Once the driver saw I reached the door he left. I may of gave him a house address but it wasn't mine.

It was Lee's.

He was the first person I thought of, the first person who would understand what I am going through. I didn't even know what time at night it was. But I didn't care, I found my hand knocking on the door.

Swaying back and forth on my heels as I waited for someone to open the door. A switched on light peaked through the frosted glass as someone came to open the door. A woman opened the door her house gown wrapped tightly around her, protecting her from the cold. Her brown hair pulled up into a messy bun.

"Kayla what are you doing here? Do your parents know your here?" Freya asked. Her forhead was scrunched up from confusion.

"Correction does my Dad know I'm here. Also is Lee here?" I ignored her question. Tryimg to look behind her to see if there was any other life behind her.

Freya sighed. "He is. Come in, I'll get him."

Stepping inside, Freya closed the door behind me. I watched as she climbed the big grand stair case, dissappearing down the hall when she got to the top. This house was huge, bigger then mine. Family photos covered the walls.

All of a very cute, young Lee. He looks happy. But if you look closely. The ones that seem more recent his smile seems a lot more forced especially the outfit choices.

"Sometimes I wished my Mom didn't hang them right in the entrance." My heart jumped out of my chest. Looking over to the top of the stairs stood Lee. My eyes travelled over his choice of his outfit. His grey tracksuit bottoms hung lowly around his hips. His white t-shirt just covering the waist band. In his hand was a jumper.

"They are not too bad." I sent him a light tipped smile. To which he rolled his eyes.

"Not too bad my ass. Half of them are fake little family photo shoots." Lee walked down the stairs. As he got to the bottom he looked to me and then to the top of the stairs. "Lets go outside. Also this is for you." He handed me his jumper.

I looked at him confused.

"My mom saids you look like you need one." Lee pushed it into my hands.

"Oh." Was all I could muster out.

Lee started to walk as I followed him outside. Skillfully putting on his jumper as we walked.

He guided us over to a bench on his decking which had perfect view of his big backgarden.

Once sat I just found myself staring up at the night sky once again.

"Now that we are away from my mothers prying ears, what happened?" Lee questioned. Turning my attention him. Lee's eyes were trained on me, he was listening.

"I got into a fight with my brothers, cried a bit, left my house with nothing, found myself on a rooftop crying while talking to a rich person and now I'm here."

Lee's face scrunched up in confusion, letting out a light laugh. "That was a lot."

"I know." I sighed. I found myself resting my head on Lee's shoulder. His arm found its way around my waist pulling me closer.

"Do you need to talk?" Lee asked.

"No I think I've done enough of that. I just need some comfort." I could feel myself staring out to the garden. We just sat in silence for a while.