Chapter 35- Listening

Start from the beginning

"Don't be sorry. It happens to the best of us." Chloe shot me a smile.

"I don't know what I've been doing wrong. My life has been a sack of shit. I'm just so tired of everything really." I shook my head. Leaning my head back on the vents wall, I looked up to the night sky as more tears started to drip down my cheeks.

"What made you go over tipping point today? It's okay if you don't want to answer." Chloes voice was soft and caring.

I shrugged. "I got into a fight with my brothers. But this one was different. Different to all the others."

"How so?"

"It made me realise that my brothers might be finally be feeling guilty for how they have been treating me over the years. Either that or they don't realise their actions and blame me for being the distant one. It fustrates me." The fustration bubbled up in my chest along with a knot in my throat. My hands found their way to my scalp, a tight grip on my hair.

A soft pair of hands were placed on top of mine. Softly ungripping them from my hair. Lifting my eyes up to meet Chloes, her eyes were trained on me. They were soft and full with worry. But they also told that she was listening to me. Someone was actually listening and trying to understand. One thing I could only dream of my family doing.

"This is no way your fault. Do not take the blame for another mans actions." Her thumbs rubbed soothingly over the back of my hands. I took deep breathes trying to relax myself once again. "You need to show your brothers the woman they are missing out on. If they can't seem to learn to understand you. You need to make them understand you."

I could feel myself starting to pull itself back together. Nodding my head, I agreed with Chloe. Maybe her words would help.

Chloe laughed. "The funny part of this is I never even asked for your name."

I couldn't help the smile that seemed to grow on my face. "It's Kayla."

Chloe had let go of my hands once I had relaxed. I sat back against the air vent.

"Well Kayla you better show them the character they helped you built." Chloe smiled.

"Thank you." I said looking to Chloe.

"Your in no need to thank me. I always wished for a little sister to give advice but I don't mind stealing someone else's." Chloe lightly pushed her shoulder off mine.

"Do you have any siblings?" I questioned.

"An older brother like you, he was my parents successer. We never got along. He just never thought I would make it in this world so I showed him the determination he helped me built got me to. Right now we are sitting on one of my many buildings. Our relationship is far from being mendable." Chloe shrugged.

"But it is never too late to fix a relationship." I said.

Chloe raised her eyebrow. "Is it? Maybe you should take that into account before it gets too bad for the relationship to be fixed."

Her words did make sense. But there is only so much one person can do.

A ringing of a phone filled the air. Chloe let put a long sigh to check who it was. She closed her eyes after she rad the caller ID. Her free hand running down her face. "Well Kayla it looks as if one of my co workers need me. Do you know how you are getting home?"

I had forgotten I had just left home. Leaving my phone and money as well. But I also wasn't ready to head back there. "Yeah I'm getting the bus." I said.

Chloe raised her eyebrow. "Are you sure. I can call a driver?"

Letting out a sigh, I nodded my head. "A driver would be great."