~36~ How Does It Feel To Be In Love?

Hello! Im back :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Time skip to a week before Halloween, lmao don't ya love the time skips?)

"George, wake up! I made breakfast!" Beth screamed up the stairs. George groaned and stumbled out of bed. He walked over to his closet and pulled an assortment of clothes off the racks and out of the drawers.

The brunet then placed the clothes on the bed and walked over to the bathroom. He showered and got dressed before putting on his usual makeup that consisted of mascara, eyeliner, light blush, and subtle lipgloss. Today's outfit consisted of a basic black pleated skirt with black fishnets, and a tight-fitting striped long sleeve that consisted of various shades of blues and greens (😏) which was tucked into the skirt. He paired his outfit with a pair of black docks which were downstairs on the shoe rack by the door.

Today was Saturday, which meant their father wasn't home. Their mother, however, was home. She decided not to join their father on the "business" trip. Neither of the siblings paid any mind, their mom was being nicer than usual so the only thing they had to be wary about was that.

George grabbed his phone off the bedside table and stuffed it into his pocket before catching a look at himself in his vanity mirror. He fluffed his brown hair a bit before flashing a smile to himself and walking out the bedroom door.

He stumbled downstairs. Sophia (Their mom if u forgot) was sitting on the living room couch watching TV. Beth was in the kitchen cooking something for lunch since George decided to sleep in till late noon.

George walked over to the kitchen and plopped down in the comfortable island bar stools. They were leather white with silver accents. They spun as well which was a bonus. The boy swiveled in his seat out of partial boredom.

"Good afternoon Beth." Beth looked up from her attention on the vegetables in front of her on the cutting board. She rolled her eyes and smiled.

"Afternoon, now will you help me out? I'm making lunch for the Jamesons because we were going over in a bit." Beth signaled for George to help her cut the vegetables. Beth decided on making sauteed vegetables with some sort of chicken. Beth wasn't big on giving details whenever she cooked, she just did it.

George got up and rounded around the island and walked up next to Beth. The sister stuck the hand that was holding a large kitchen knife out to George without warning, trying to give him the sharp blade.

"Woah there Beth, warning next time. You might stab someone next time." George joked before carefully taking the cutlery from the younger girl's hands. She scoffed before mumbling and 'sorry' and turning around, tending to the chicken that was simmering on the stove.

The TV was loud enough for George and Beth to hear. Their mother was watching some sort of crime show, her legs pulled up to her chest with a knitted blanket draped over them. She held a steaming cup of tea that Beth had given her earlier.

Beth flipped the chicken breasts over before placing a glass lid on top, leaving a small space on the side for ventilation. She sighed and cleaned her hands off with a paper towel before looking over to her brother that was carefully, but perfectly, cutting the carrots.

"When we move out, can you make sure we get a home with a gas stove? I hate glass top." Beth whispered, hoping that their mother wouldn't hear her. George gave a small smile and nodded.