~27~ Backstage

SURPRISE SHAWTY

So uhm, I'm sorry in advance aha, please don't read this will little children around lmao

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Friday Time Skip - Afterschool*

On Wednesday George had gone back home briefly to get his car and take his cat to Karl's house. Thankfully, his father wasn't home and neither was his mom. Karl had promised to take Cat until George and Beth had some sort of better living situation, which George was grateful for.

Today, however, was Friday. The day. Clay was going to watch George perform for the first time ever and he would be lying if he said he wasn't nervous. The song he had come up with was about the blonde, George was afraid it would come off as too strong. That Clay would get weirded out. Nevertheless, he came to the conclusion that there was no turning back and besides, maybe Clay won't even realize it's about him.

"Clay, if you don't leave right now you're going to be late!" George yelled up the stairs. He heard some grumbling and mumbling before the blonde boy came tumbling down the stairs. His bag slung over his shoulder and a pair of cleats tied together by the shoelaces dangling over one of his arms.

Clay was holding a jersey in one hand and a jacket in another. The Letterman jacket to be precise. George rolled his eyes and opened the front door.

"You're going to be late," George said, crossing his arms. Clay just smiled and walked up to the brunette. He held out his hands.

"Here, my jersey and jacket." George took the belongings from the blonde's hands, his face full of confusion.

"Do you want me to put them in your bag or...?" George questioned, unsure of what he was supposed to do with the articles of clothing. Clay just shook his head and laughed.

"No, it's for you to wear. I mean, if you want to, that is." Clay said, his voice growing quiet at the end of the last sentence. George's eyes widened a little big and a smile spread on his face, along with a swift streak of blush red on his cheeks.

"OH! Yeah, yeah okay." George mumbled, pulling the jersey over his T-shirt. The green jersey reached down to George's mid-thigh. He pulled the jacket on as well and straightened it, pulling it forward a bit. He ruffled his hair a bit and looked up at the blonde.

Clay's freckled cheeks were a slight shade of pink, a smile spread across his face. 

"You look good." George rolled his eyes.

"I know," George replied. He smiled before taking one of Clay's empty hands and leading him out the door. They decided to take separate cars because of how close together the gig was to the end of the football game, or the possibility that they would overlap.

They then stopped on the sidewalk, George's car parked on the side of the sidewalk, and Clay's car in the driveway. Clay threw his stuff in the back seat of the Mercedes and reached into his pockets for his keys.

"You better get going or your coach isn't going to be happy." George said. Clay nodded and was about to turn around and go to the car but he was interrupted by George tightening his grip on the other's hand, pulling them toward him. Clay had a puzzled look and raised an eyebrow at the brunette. George giggled and reached up onto his tippy toes, giving a peck on the blonde's freckled cheek. The skin was warm to the touch.

"Good luck," George said, letting go of Clay's hand and falling flat on his feet.

"Thank you. I'll look out for you on the bleachers, pretty boy." Clay winked, before walking to his car. George rolled his eyes and giggled, leaving to his car as well. Unlike Clay, George had already prepared for after the game. His guitar was in the back, along with the music they were playing. Karl was bringing half the equipment and Alex was bringing the other half. The place they were playing for was a mild club/cafe. George couldn't seem to explain it. It was basically a water-downed bar. No intense dancing but there were people dancing nonetheless.