2. Disappeared

Helia huffs as, in the grip of an artist's block, he tries to complete his painting. He turns around looking at Riven's empty bed, the two of them had been sharing a room for some time now... He reaches over taking the pictures Riven had of Musa or her and him together. He shakes his head: how much longer could he hold the candle? Musa, for sure, even through Flora, would have contacted him to find out what happened to her handsome tenebrous boy. He puts away his brushes and watercolors and exits the room. He knocks on Brandon and Sky's room. Timmy opens.

"Hey Helia! Just missed you!" he says adjusting his glasses.

Helia nods and walks in. Also with them was Nabu, now part of the team. Brandon touches his friend's shoulder.

"Are you thinking about that dickhead of Riv?"

"I'm lying to Flora too, he owes me a favor!" the young specialist says, annoyed. "When he comes back, I demand he run to Musa and explain everything..."

"Knowing him, he won't tell her anything, he'll argue with her and then they'll go their separate ways. It's all calculated by now," Timmy blurts out.

"Don't be so pessimistic, guys. Riven is going to have to deal with us and our girls if he ever acts like a jerk, like he usually does!" says Sky. The prince of Eraklyon knew no more than the others. Riven had merely advised them not to say anything to Musa about his temporary departure. They didn't know where he was, what he was doing, or anything else.

"You know what makes me even more nervous? The fact that in a couple of days it's his anniversary with Musa and then in about ten days it's her birthday. He always disappears when she needs him more than anything else... I would never disappear before my girlfriend's birthday or our anniversary!" Helia hardly ever got angry, but Riven had the ability to piss off even the walls. "Flora told me that five days ago Musa had taken care to get him an anniversary present as well. If I were her, I would have saved that money..."

"What if Riven was preparing a surprise for her? If not, why wouldn't he have said anything to us either? Maybe he was afraid we'd tell our girls!" concludes Brandon.

Helia sighs annoyed and looks out the window, no longer knowing what to think.

Musa, meanwhile, was taking Professor Palladium's classes, the last ones before final exams. But she didn't really feel like listening or following along... she picks up her cell phone from time to time, but that message hadn't been answered at all. A tear lines her face, she pulls up with her nose. A gentle hand caresses her cheek.

"Honey, would you like a trip to Lake Roccaluce after class?" asks Flora, concerned.

Musa nods. Once the lesson was over, the two girls head towards the lake, walking in silence. Musa throws a pebble into the lake.

"I don't understand him. I don't understand him! Everything was going so well, I got him the gift for our anniversary, I thought of everything... We didn't fight anymore and now?! He disappears!"

"Honey, can I ask Helia if he has..."

"No, Flora! You know what? I don't care about anything. If he's decided to leave me, that's fine." She says looking down at her feet. She cries silently and clings to her friend. Flora gently strokes her hair.

"No, honey, no... Riven didn't leave you, I'm sure of it. You are a caring girlfriend, you are a brave, sweet, selfless girl. It's true that you are also proud and stubborn, but in the end you always find a way to clarify with him. Besides, he seems to be different from when you're together, I can see him striving to be a better boyfriend and doing everything to keep you from crying."

"Well, that doesn't seem to be the case now!" says Musa sobbing. "I don't want to see him anymore!"

"Musa, don't say that!"

Flora felt that Riven would return soon, she had no bad feelings about it. Musa, however, would not listen to her. They return to Alfea, but Musa doesn't speak to anyone, merely locking herself in her room with headphones on and music blaring. Flora sighs as she sits with the others and tells them everything.

"What an idiot! If I had to meet him, I would smash his face! Even if it means ruining my manicure..." blurts Stella looking at her nails.

"If you want, I'll give you an helping hand!" adds Aisha.

"Violence won't solve anything, girls" Flora interjects. "My opinion, he must be preparing some kind of surprise for her. Maybe in order not to get caught, he's pretending to ignore her" Flora was of the same opinion as Brandon, in a way, without the specialist and the fairy having seen each other to talk about the matter.

"You're too optimistic, Flo!"

"No, Stella, I think Flora is right," says Bloom. "Who knows? Riven is a constant conundrum, you can't tell when he's being bad on purpose or if he's being bad because he's angry. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt... I can't stand to see Muse cry, but it could be that we're wrong."

The girls, as much as the specialists, had been divided about opinions on Riven. However, all that was left was to wait.

Musa spent the rest of the evening looking at pictures of them and looking at that fucking message... man, she felt like she had gone back in time when they were just fuck buddies! First he would grab her, make her touch the sky with one finger, and then he would let go by disappearing! This attitude of his irritated her as much as the morbid jealousy he had towards her.

Riven looks up at the roof of his room, barely illuminated by the moonlight. He sighs heavily, feeling guilty for not calling his Musa again... but he had to resist the temptation. He certainly couldn't make up the excuse of the mission, the boys were in Red Fountain, his fairy wouldn't buy it. He smiles cunningly as usual, then goes to look at their photo: she was beautiful in a swimsuit, smiling, close to him with the sea behind them as a backdrop. He gently caresses that photo, running a finger over her face, as if to caress her.

"Ah, my pixie... you fucked my brains out, you did it. No woman before has managed to bend my stone heart," he says, thinking aloud. Riven, unlike Musa, was two years older, as were the other specialists. While she had finished her three years in Alfea, he was finishing his fifth year, then he would work and study in Red Fountain to become a Paladin and fulfill himself.

He shook his head, leaving his thoughts aside and fell asleep, holding that picture beside him, wherever he was. His fairy also falls asleep, holding the same photo close and crying. Flora hears her, sorry to see her like this. She tiptoes into her and Tecna's room and takes care to cover her so she doesn't get cold.

"Sleep, Musa...and hope to have him back soon."

Gently, she strokes her head and, on tiptoe, leaves the room. The others watch her, still awake and gathered in the living room.

"Definitely, she's collapsed..."

"And she's crying." adds Aisha, in a sharp voice.

"Girls, we need to be by her side. If Riven doesn't show up, we'll make him pop out!"