22. It's just the beginning

"What a wonderful view!" exclaimed Stella, looking out from the penthouse terrace. It was a warm mid-July morning and the star fairy was enjoying some sunshine.

"But with the humidity here on Melody..." says Tecna complaining and fanning herself.

"Yeah but Melody is a lush planet!" adds Flora.

From the Carter house, you could enjoy a beautiful view: you could see the whole city, the royal palace, the beautiful bay and in the distance also the beautiful tropical forest typical of the place.

"The view will be fantastic, but the house is still a work site..." complains Musa seeing boxes everywhere. They had moved in two weeks ago, after Riven had sold off the furniture of their small house in Magix. He and Musa both felt a bit sad when they left the house empty... they had loved each other there, conceived their children, fought, cried, made up, hosted their friends and family... that place will always remain special.

The young music fairy looks around: it was nice to see her friends again, especially in their costumes, some at the edge of the pool, some swimming, some looking at the view. Then she sees Riven struggling with the inflatable pool for the twins.

"Here, let me give you a hand," she says softly.

Riven lifts his sunglasses and wipes the sweat from his forehead. He then removes his shirt remaining only in his swimsuit.

"I'm almost done pixie, don't worry."

Musa nods and takes care of putting sunscreen, hats, and swimsuits on the two little ones. While everyone else is having fun - as they should be - the two new parents sit under the umbrella and give their children a bath. Harmony plays with rubber puppets while Jayden splashes water everywhere. Musa giggles, then looks up - Riven is staring at her, with loving eyes.

"What's wrong, Riv?" she asks, smiling.

"Nothing..." he smiles back. He then leans towards her, kissing her. He lovingly caresses her round, sweet little face, the little face that had made him fall in love with his fairy. They often said nothing to each other, just glances and silences to understand each other...

A splash of water awakened them. Jayden had become fond of turning anything that came his way, terrifying Riven, still shaken by the "monster" of the park.

"Jay... stop it, come on!" he says taking away the toys, victims of the little wizard's magical experiments.

"Eeeeghhuu!" he whines "Ddddddd."

"No daddy, Jayjay...do you want to see more monsters?" Says Riven picking him up and drying him off with the bath towel. The little guy seems to understand and looks at his dad with his big puppy eyes.

"Monsters??? What did this little rascal do?!" asks Brandon.

"A month ago at the park, he turned a little butterfly into a flying monster."

"Gee, I'm afraid you and Musa are going to find a dragon inside your house!"

"I'd avoid it if possible..." he says in a sharp voice.

Harmony meanwhile was having fun with the Pixies and, to catch them, crawled out of the little pool. Musa loses sight of her for half a minute, and when she turns around she doesn't see her again.

"Harmony!"

The little girl crawls to the edge of the big pool. Aisha and Musa run to catch her but slip ending up in the water. Suddenly, two small wings appear on the little girl's back, lifting her up: they looked like they were made of crystal in the middle and were edged in magenta on the outside.