Going Home

Sirius and Remus slipped upstairs in the darkness, a sheet of paper in Sirius' hand.  They climbed through a door into the attic, and creeping to the back, slipped the paper into the case of an old record player.  The only part visible was a corner sticking out with the words Dear Harry and Teddy on it.

⚛》》》》》◆《《《《《⚛

The next day, everybody from the future and those who knew of the people from the future all gathered in the drawing-room.

There were many last-minute goodbyes.  Remus and Tonks said goodbye to Teddy and how much they loved him, which left him in tears as he joined the circle.  Harry had been told many times how proud they were of him, and then the final goodbye from Remus and Sirius also left him in tears.

Finally, everybody was done, and the time-travelers stood in a circle, Hermione and Harry holding their wands.

Those from the present time stood in another circle around them.

Then Hermione and Harry began to chant, and the rest of the time-travelers soon joined in.

Porto illis huc, Porto illis huc, Porto illis huc

A blinding flash of light, and in their circle was a smaller circle made up of Ginny, Draco, Percy, Ron, and Bill.

Everybody who had closed their eyes opened them, and those from the future joined the other circle, smiling at some in the outer ring.

Then they continued to chant, but different this time.

domum tempus transporto nobis domum, domum tempus transporto nobis domum, domum tempus transporto nobis domum, domum tempus transporto nobis domum, domum tempus transporto nobis domum

And there was another blinding flash, this time spreading to those in the outer circle, as the time travelers disappeared.

The people of 1995 simply stared at the center of the room, before remembering that they were just in a meeting, and the adults trickled back into the kitchen.

⚛》》》》》◆《《《《《⚛

Meanwhile, in 2019...

Everybody appeared back in the living room of Grimmauld Place.

James, Fred, Louis, and Roxanne were taken out for a firm talking to (read: yelling at) from their mothers and the rest all lay down on chairs or the floor.

The Malfoys and Weasleys all departed for home after a little while, so it was only the Potters and Teddy in Grimmauld Place.  Then, Harry saw a slip of paper hanging out of Albus' pocket.

On it were the words, in Remus' familiar handwriting, Harry and Teddy go in the attic of Grimmauld Place and find our letter in the record player.

The two orphans (who never felt like orphans) made their way upstairs and to the record player the note spoke of.  Sticking out of it was an old piece of paper, with the words Dear Harry and Teddy on it.  They pulled it out, unfolded it, and began to read.

(Sirius, Remus, TONKS, FRED)

Dear Harry and Teddy,

Hello, pup and cub!

We decided that since you guys and the rest of your gang from 2019 are going home tomorrow, and we won't remember it, we should probably write this to you when we have the chance.

Look, we know that technically when you are reading this we are dead.  But Harry, remember what we said.  None of it is your fault!  None of it!

We expect you guys to keep this letter, so Harry, if you ever do start thinking it's your fault just re-read this.  We don't want you totally wracked with guilt because of us.

We also both wanted you to know that we are so, so, so proud of both of you.  You have your family, and you have your friends, and you have your life, and I suppose we aren't really part of it.

But remember the ones who love us never really leave us.  We are still your family.

Really, we've been there for every birth and death and birthday.  Every class each of you taught.

We were there when you sent your kids off to Hogwarts for the first time, Harry, and we were standing by your side when you first boarded that train, Teddy.

We stood at the side for every wedding, every funeral.  We laughed and also cried the first time James played a prank, I'm sure, and we were so touched when they chose the name Golden Marauders.

We keep them safe when they wander around in the middle of the night.  Harry, don't be surprised, they've definitely inherited that habit from you.  And Teddy, I'm definitely going to watch your wedding with Victoire, good job on that.

What we are trying to say is, we are still there.  So are James and Lily, watching and making sure you are safe and happy.  And if you ever need us, then just ask, and we'll be there.

I'm sure we've tried hard to help in any way we can, maybe you've even felt us standing there and keeping you safe on missions.

Anyway, Fred and Tonks are here too, and they both want to write.

HELLO TEDDY!  I WANTED TO TELL YOU THAT I AM VERY VERY VERY PROUD OF YOU.  YOU HAVE AN AMAZING LIFE AND FAMILY.  EVEN THOUGH I'M NOT THERE, AS YOUR FATHER SAID, WE ARE WATCHING AND KEEPING YOU SAFE.  I'M GLAD YOU ARE HAPPY.

HI HARRY AND TEDDY.  HARRY, GOOD JOB ON SNAGGING MY SISTER.  I KNOW THAT MOST WOULD THINK I WOULD BE MAD, I'M NOT.  I'M HAPPY SHE GOT SUCH A NICE HUSBAND, ONE WHO I KNOW AND TRUST.  SO, GOOD JOB LITTLE BROTHER.  REMEMBER, I DO NOT BLAME YOU FOR MY DEATH EITHER, AND IF GEORGE DOES THEN TELL HIM FROM ME THAT HE'S AN IDIOT.  TEDDY, BECAUSE YOU ARE THE FIRST OF THE NEXT GENERATION, I HAVE A SPECIAL MESSAGE FOR YOU.  YOU ARE BADASS AND I SUPPOSE YOU MUST BE THE KIND OF PERSON WHO NOBODY SUSPECTS BECAUSE JAMES TOLD ME HOW YOU BLEW UP THE HOUSE ONCE AND TURNED AL'S HAIR BLUE AND DIDN'T GET CAUGHT.  PLAY MORE PRANKS AND LOOSEN UP, YOU CAN BE TOTALLY AMAZING.  ALSO, MAYBE GET A TATTOO.

Now that Fred has thoroughly corrupted my son, I suppose we need to go.

Remember we love you guys.

Our Love and Regards,

Sirius and Remus

P.S. AND TONKS! 

P.P.S. AND FRED!

Harry and Teddy were both hysterically laughing, tears rolling out of their eyes as well.  they heard James call from downstairs "Hey, what's so funny!" before calming down.

They walked back downstairs and sat down with their family, safe once again.

THE END