Godfather to Godson

Harry and Teddy sat on the stairs in Grimmauld Place in silence.

Harry was waiting for Teddy to talk and Teddy was hoping that Harry would be the first to say something.

Eventually, Teddy broke the silence. "Uncle Harry, I really don't want to go home.  I mean I do, but I... don't."

Harry nodded at him.

"I get it kiddo.  I suppose I feel the same way, but I guess it's worse for you.  They are your parents, after all, I can only imagine..."

"But I suppose I have to go back, don't I?"

"Sorry kiddo, but ya, you have to go back.  But think of it like this, now you have some memories of them, you know what they're like,  you can remember.  And I suppose sometimes that might not be a good thing, all that 'you can't miss what you never had' business, which I suppose isn't true, but on some days it'll be good because then you can remember them and you can remember them in their good moments.  And you can remember how much they both love you, and it's something."

Teddy smiled, and Harry pulled him in for a hug. 

"Nice chat."

//Line Break//

a/n This was a pathetically short chapter.  Ugh.  Anyway, please go and read some of my other fanfictions as well!  I really need some reader input on Diana Potter, and so far nobody has said anything, so please go check that out!  Thank you so much and I hope you are staying safe and healthy and happy!