Chapter Twenty-One

Depuis le début

Ruby wasn't slightly offended, instead, she felt bad for Princess Ruby who've come to Ruby's aid and asked Ruby to take her place as Princess Ruby. "But getting to know you, those people were wrong," he says. "Yeah, you also spread false rumors here," Ruby said. "No! You know I don't mean it," Prince Yoongi sulks.

"It's okay if I was like that back then, I changed and so did you. When we first saw each other at the dinner party, we bumped into each other, I thought of you as ignorant and mean at first, but now you're a sweet and calm person." Prince Yoongi chuckles, knowing they both changed, well that's what he thinks.

Ruby wondered if she should tell Prince Yoongi the truth between her and the real Princess Ruby. "I'll be sending you letters while I'm away, I wanted to let you know if I have any good or bad news." Prince Yoongi rowed the boat around, taking in mother nature for about two hours before returning back to land.

"There's a good restaurant at Samba Square I went with Prince Namjoon, the food is quite delicious," he says and Ruby is ecstatic to try out new things here in the kingdom. They hear the sounds of reigns and horses galloped against the dirt path. It was a carriage that stopped right in front of the entrance of Viennese Waltz Lake.

"Your royal highness, Miss Chip sent me to drop you off at Samba Square," the coachman says as he climbs off and opens the door of the carriage. Ruby gets in first, being helped up by the coachman and Prince Yoongi. As they're already climbed inside, Ruby never rode in one of these fancy carriages that she sees in movies and read in books.

"At least we didn't have to walk," Prince Yoongi jokes. They pass by Tango Garden, Ruby spots Prince Namjoon admiring a small lily in his hand while Prince Taehyung reading a book. Then, they pass by the large castle and Practice Hall, she spots Prince Jimin walking with a princess and behind them, was Prince Hoseok getting helped by Prince Seokjin.

It looks like they've grown close as days go on. They crossed over the bridge to get to the other side of the kingdom before arriving at Samba Square. "The restaurant is not far from here, so we'll just walk. Thank you," Prince Yoongi said as he paid the coachman and helped Ruby get down from the carriage.

They both thanked the coachman for the quick ride and walked in as they were greeted by the kind villagers. "Over there is the restaurant I was telling you about," he says as he points over the large restaurant straight down the path. A waitress is waiting by the door, expecting their arrival. "Your highnesses," she says as she greets them with a bow.

"Miss Chip had already made reservations. Please, follow me," the waitress said before she guides them to the back of the restaurant where there's outdoor dining. Prince Yoongi pulls a chair out for Ruby, helping her get seated before he sits down across to her. "Is there anything you would like to drink?" She asked.

"Princess Ruby, care for some tea?" He asked. "Whatever is fine," Ruby says. Prince Yoongi ordered themselves a warm lemonade tea. "Every year this World Dance Competition is held every year in Russia. I always enter without hesitation, but now that I met you, I don't want to go now," He truthfully admits.

"This world competition, don't let me stop you. Follow your dreams, do what you love. I know how much you love dancing and it's important that you go. I'm sure you'll have fun and I really do hope you come back before the day of the ball." Prince Yoongi hums in delight, placing his hand on top of hers.

"Here are your teas, your highnesses. I bought the men-" "No need, I wanted Princess Ruby to try some dishes I've eaten here." The waitress nods and tucks the menus underneath her arm and grabbed her notepad as the prince began to order. "We'll have roasted beef with mashed potatoes and fried pumpkin slices. And for dessert, two carrot cake slices." The waitress notes down their orders and walked away.

"After this, you don't mind walking around the beach and watch the sunset?" He asked. "Sure, why not. I think it's perfect scenery after a good meal," she said and after a few moments of waiting, they were greeted by the delicious smell of the food. They thanked the waitress and began to eat their food.

They enjoyed each other's company as they ate their lunch. They also enjoyed their carrot cake after they took a small break from eating their lunch. Following their lunch, Prince Yoongi and Ruby went on their way to the beach. The sun looks like it will set soon, it felt like the day went on so quickly.

"The sunset is breathtaking, just like you," he compliments, looking away in our shyness. "Thank you," Ruby laughs as Prince Yoongi blushes. They walked further down the beach and stopped to watch the sun that was already setting. "Princess Ruby," he says as he turns to face Ruby, holding both of her hands in his.

"I wanted to let you know that these days that we spent together, my love for you has grown stronger." He pushes a few strands of her hair, tucking them behind her ear. "When I think of you, I couldn't help but smile crazily." He leans his face close to her, their breaths mixed together and their lips a few inches away from touching.

"May I kiss you?" He asked for her permission. "Y-Yes," she whispers and the two pressed their lips together, moving in sync. The kiss was passionate and lustful, a very romantic scenery. Just the two of them kiss in front of a glowing sunset.

And that was it, their first and last kiss at least for now...

To Be Continued...

~~~~

1,738 Words