crazy • haechan

WARNING; angst. short. arguing. mentions of HOMICIDE and SUICIDE. dangerous driving. unhealthy relationship.

LEE DONGHYUCK▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

LEE DONGHYUCK
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

the car was loud with screaming. as if both passengers were in a battle to see who could be the loudest and talk over the other.

"the hug meant nothing at all, and he didn't even ask my permission!" tani told him, hands moving wildly as she gave him a vicious stare.

"but you smiled! who smiles when they're given a hug without their permission?!" donghyuck gave her a quick, hard glance before focusing back on the road. "you liked that damn hug and you know it!"

tani scoffed at him. "i was uncomfortable, that's why i smiled! you would think as my boyfriend you would've noticed and tried to correct him, but instead you're starting problems with me." she responded, her glare unrelenting.

he gave her a harsh stare. "don't try and make me feel guilty. you liked that hug he gave you. you wanted to cheat, right? you couldn't wait to jump at the opportunity." his breaths were heavy as he tightly gripped on his steering wheel.

"are you serious?"

"does it look like i'm joking?!"

she was in complete disbelief. "cheating? you're actually that insecure that you think i'd cheat on you with him? he isn't the first guy to try and entertain me around you, so why the hell are you doing the most right now?"

"me? insecure? how about it's me being cautious. he's your ex, tani. i don't trust you or him." he replied. his breathing was getting even heavier.

"and?? i told you, he hugged me. i only smiled so people couldn't see i was uncomfortable!" it was like she was talking to a brick wall.

"don't lie to me! you did it because you still want him, i'm not stupid, tani!"

"you obviously are!" she retorted, exasperated.

"shut the hell up."

"no! i'm not about to sit here and listen to you be insecure about someone i told you multiple times, i'd never get with again! you're being dumb and it's literally gonna be the end of us at this point!" she spoke, hands moving wildly.

"shut the hell up."

"you shut the hell up and realize i'm right! you're an insecure bastard who never admits that they're wrong because you value your dumb pride over the feelings of your girlfriend—"

"shut the hell up!" he bellowed. his breathing turned to all out pants and his knuckles were white as the clutched the steering wheel tightly. he was pushing on the gas, almost fully. "if you don't shut up, i'll kill us both! then how would you leave me, tani?"

her eyes were suddenly full of panic as she switched them to the road ahead. "donghyuck—"

"no! shut up, tani! i don't wanna hear anything from you." he didn't let up with his speed, scaring the girl further. "i'll kill us both!" he repeated, eyes crazy as he turned his head to her.

tani's widened eyes welled up with tears. she couldn't believe what was happening. they had had many fights, and yeah there were threats thrown around, but this? this was different. it was dangerous and if he was to keep going, they might actually be on their way to death.

"stop!" she told him. "stop the car! i'm sorry! please stop or you'll actually kill us! donghhyuck, please!"

he didn't listen to her.

"lee donghyuck, stop the damn car! what are you doing? what is this going to do for us besides kill us? is this how you're gonna try and win the fight?!" even when she tried to be hostile, the fear for her life had her voice wobbly.

but it was too late.

the lone, one way street they had been speedily cruising through changed into the highway.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

can we talk about this?

there are so many of us who want to be in relationships, and i get it, but we need to make sure we're careful with who we choose. be aware of the red flags they might have, whether out of your preferences in how you're treated or the basic things.

in this relationship, a red flag about him was mentioned: threats during arguments. that is in NO way okay. never should YOU or your SIGNIFICANT OTHER threaten to harm the other while angry.

this stuff is so serious and so many people lose their lives ignoring these things and being blinded by love. i never want any of you to have to ever deal with someone like this. i want you all to pay attention and be safe while trying to be happy.

please. i literally beg you all to watch out and be safe.