Chapter 48

Next Morning

You wake up and roll out of bed, despite you wanting to stay in bed for the rest of the day. You go into the bathroom and do your morning routine and get dressed.

You wear this:

You get a text from Josh that he's here so you make your way downstairs and go out to his car

You get a text from Josh that he's here so you make your way downstairs and go out to his car. Josh is leaning against his car on his phone. He sees you and smiles.

Josh: morning
Y/n: morning

You give him a peck on the lips.

Josh: you ok? you seem upset
Y/n: just tired

Josh knows you're lying but doesn't pressure you into telling him so he just nods. You both get into his car and he starts driving to school. The whole car ride is pretty silent since you are not in the greatest mood because of what happened yesterday. Once you get to school, Josh grabs your hand interlocking your fingers and starts walking to your friend group. You look at your interlocked hands and smile. Once you make it to your friend group, you let go of Josh's hand and grab Charli and Chases arm and pull them away from the group. Once you're far enough you let go of both of them and look at them. Charli and Chase immediately realize how upset you are.

Charli: hey, what's wrong?

You immediately broke down and started to tell them about your fight with Jaden yesterday. You told them everything except for the part where Jaden mentioned Chase because you didn't want Chase to feel bad or anything. When you're done they both hug you. You guys pull away a minute later and Charli wipes your tears with her thumb.

Charli: it's ok
Chase: wait, what secret does he think you're keeping from him?

You and Charli both look at him with an 'are you serious' look.

Charli: Chase
Chase: hmm
Charli: what's the one thing that we all know that no one else knows
Chase: umm
Y/n: this is going to take a while so i'm just going to tell him, it's my mom hitting me
Chase: ohh right

You and Charli both laugh a little.

Chase: hey, at least I made you laugh
Y/n: true
Charli: you still don't know why he's mad at you right?
Y/n: nope and I wish I did...I just want my best friend back
Charli: I know

She hugs you. Just then the bell rings and you two pull away. You and Charli make your way to first period. Class goes by slowly and now it's finally lunch time. You, Chase, and Charli make your way to your table and sit down. You lay your head on the table and sigh. Charli and Chase don't say anything because they know you don't want to really talk. A couple minutes later you feel someone sit next to you. You look up and see Josh. You lay your head on his shoulder and he kisses the top of your head. A couple minutes later everyone else comes and sits at the table.

Quinton: wow y/n sweatpants two days in a row
Y/n: yep, not in the mood to get dressed up...that a problem?
Quinton: n-no
Y/n: that's what I thought
Josh: is that my sweatshirt?

You nod.

Y/n: yep
Josh: when did you take that?

You shrug.

Y/n: no clue

Josh laughs.

Y/n: I have a lot of my friends clothes, I have clothes from Charli, Mads, Cynthia, Quinton, Jaden, even Chase
Chase: wait, how did you get my clothes
Y/n: if i'm at Charli's house and I steel her clothes sometimes there yours so I think I have like two of your hoodies

Chase laughs and you can here Jaden scoff. You lift your head up from Josh's shoulder and look over at him.

Y/n: what now?!
Jaden: nothing

You roll your eyes and lay your head back on Josh's shoulder.

Jaden: where did you go this morning?

Your head shoots up and you look at him.

Y/n: w-what do you mean?
Jaden: right when you got to school you grabbed Charli and Chase and went somewhere
Y/n: it was nothing
Jaden: really, because you have been doing that a lot lately
Y/n: n-no I haven't
Jaden: yes you have
Y/n: no I haven't
Jaden: this is why i'm done with your shit because you're keeping something but won't tell me what it is
Y/n: I don't have to tell you every damn thing that goes on in my life Jaden!
Jaden: isn't that what best friends do? tell each other everything

You roll your eyes.

Jaden: see you don't even know what to say back! you've been acting like a bitch lately! is that why Bryce never calls? because he doesn't want to put up with you?!
Mads: Jaden!
Josh: dude!
Cynthia: stop!
Jaden: is that why he never comes home? does he really have "projects" or does he just not want to come and deal with you!
Quinton: Jaden!
Charli: that's enough
Chase: come on dude stop

You can feel tears threatening to escape from your eyes. You get up from the table and run out of the cafeteria. You run out of the school and start walking home since Josh drove you to school. After about a 15 minute walk you finally get home. For the past 15 minutes your phone as been blowing up with your friends trying to reach you but you just keep ignoring them. You walk into the house and walk into the kitchen and see your mom and dad sitting on the island. They stop there conversation and look at you.

Mom: what are you doing home? shouldn't you be at school?
Y/n: y-yeah but I wasn't feeling well so I-

Before you could finish your sentence you felt a sting across your cheek. She slapped you. Then you felt her knee go into your stomach and you fell down to the ground. You groan in pain. Then you felt her slap you one more time across the cheek before her and your dad left the house to go who knows where. You sit there for a couple of minutes waiting for the pain to go down. Once you're finally able to stand up, you make your way to your room. You look in the mirror and lift up your sweatshirt to see a bruise already forming on your stomach. You then take a long shower, mostly because you were crying in it. Once you got out of the shower, you changed into comfy clothes and and plop yourself down in your bed. You grab your phone from the night stand and decide to call Bryce. After a few rings he picks up.

On call:
Y/n: hey!
Bryce: hey, what's up?
Y/n: nothing, we just haven't talked in a while
Bryce: yeah sorry about that, i've just been really busy...actually I have to get going now but i'll talk to you soon
Y/n: yeah i'll talk to you so-
End of call

He hung up before you could finish your sentence.

Y/n's POV: maybe Jaden was right. he really doesn't want anything to do with me

You sighed and decided to take a nap. When you wake up from your nap you check your phone and it says it's 8:00 pm. You walk downstairs, making sure your parents aren't home, luckily they aren't, and you make yourself dinner. After eating a sandwich you go back upstairs and do your night routine. You get back into bed and ignore your phone blowing up, like you've been doing all day, and fall asleep again.