Chapter 51 - Paroxysm

The rest of the trip to Queens went on rather smoothly with Lucas and I making small conversations about just anything.

Asides the mysterious aura he seemed to portray, he was actually a really warm and friendly person.

"We've arrived at our final destination" A voice emanating from the speakers of the train said "You may all get down"

"That's our cue to get down- We are at Queens" I nudged Lucas and he nodded his head.

We both got out of the train and walked to the front of the train station. I halted and looked for a familiar face I desired to see- Jaden's, but my excitement got dwindled away when I saw no sign of him.

Perhaps he had a few more shots and had forgotten about me.

"I will order a cab for us" I told Lucas while trying hard to hide the disappointment from showing on my face.

Just then, I felt a pair of hands grip my shoulders. I squeaked in fright and turned around to view the person that had grabbed me. I was shocked to see that person was no other person than Jaden. I thought he had bailed on me and here he was standing in front of me.

My heart melted from seeing him and I didn't hesitate to wrap my arms around him.

"You came" I gasped as I pushed him away from me to have a view of his face. He had eye bags and his hair was a bit disheveled but nevertheless he still looked as breathtaking as ever.

"Of course" He flashed his perfectly white teeth for me to see. He hugged me and I got a whiff of his scent. I could smell the hint of booze on his hoodie.

I heard someone clear their throat and I turned around to see Lucas standing behind me looking rather frigid.

"Hey Jaden" I called his attention and pointed at Lucas "This is Lucas" I then pointed towards Jaden "And Lucas, this is Jaden- Dr Matt's son" I introduced both of them to each other.

I should have given Lucas the heads up another figure would be joining us but I wasn't exactly sure Jaden was going to show up and I didn't want it seem like I was a liar.

Jaden extended his hand out to Lucas for a handshake and Lucas acknowledged the handshake by stretching out his hand to shake Jaden's hand.

"Where are Dr Matt, Genesis and John?" Jaden went on to ask with a baffled expression on.

"They are at Philia" Lucas responded.

"Oh?" He said as a form of question instead of a statement. He turned to me "What's wrong Ali?"

"It's a long story and I can't definitely tell you here" I informed him "We have to get somewhere else and I will offload the information to you"

He nodded his head in concurrence "Let's go outside to the car then" He surely was acting clear headed. Perhaps he wasn't lying when he said that he had only had two shots.

"C'mon Lucas" I signaled for him to follow Jaden and I to the car parked outside.

Jaden led us to the car he had brought to pick us up and it clearly didn't look like any of Dr Matt's cars.

"Whose car is this?" I blurted out the question without even thinking I did. I gave Jaden a questioning gaze.

"Aaron's" He replied me while unlocking the car and entering into the driver's seat in front.

Trust Aaron to have a very flashy and flamboyant car, considering his parents were very opulent.

Without wasting any time, I entered into the front passenger's seat beside Jaden while Lucas entered into the passenger's seat at the back.