Chapter 56 - Toska

Eventually, Lucas came to a halt on his tracks and announced that we were at the witches' place. I gazed at the supposedly miniature house.

Instantly, I hurriedly snatched the torch from Lucas' hands and ran towards the house without hesitating. I twisted the door knob and entered into the house.

"Genesis" I cried as I rushed in swiftly.

Deafening silence was all I heard as I entered into the sitting room occupied with benches.

Everywhere seemed to be in order.

They could be sleeping- I thought. I walked briskly to the Lucas' bedroom- the room assigned to Genesis and I to sleep in. I frantically pushed the door opened and my worst fears came to life- The room was empty.

Immediately, I fell to the floor with a guilt- stricken expression, retching my guts out felt appropriate now.

Just then, Jaden came rushing into the room "Alina" He cried out. He saw me attached to the floor and bent down to pick me up.

"The house is downright empty" He notified me gloomily. Then he told me the four words, I didn't want to hear "They are all gone"

At that miserable moment, all I wanted to do was crawl up into a ball and cry my eyes out but I knew that wasn't the right thing to do. I rubbed my hands against my eyes and shoved Jaden away as I walked out of the room with the torch.

"Ali" Jaden shrieked but I didn't pay attention to him because they were higher things at stake and I needed to find Lucas.

If there was one person that knew what to do and what happened- it would be him, no one else.

Like I predicted, I found him in the living room, sitting down on the bench. He had lit two lanterns for proper illumination in the room and he had on a ruminating stance as always.

"No one is here" I informed him.

"Why am I not surprised?" Lucas said without batting an eyelash. He had on a pondering position- his hands were on his chin conservatively.

"What does that even mean?" I stretched out my hands in a questioning manner. I had to confess he really was starting to get on my nerves now.

Lucas sighed and handed over a sheet of paper to me. I was too dazed to notice that he had been holding a sheet of paper in clear sight.

"I found this on one of the wooden chairs" Lucas declared. I collected the paper and took in what was written on it.

"What's going on here?" Jaden trotted into the room and asked generally. He walked up to me and peeped at the paper I was reading.

"Hangar's point" I read what I saw on the paper out loud. I formed my lips into a frown "Hangar's point?"

"What's this?" Jaden queried as he pointed to the sheet of paper. He was still gazing at the wordings of the paper.

"Lucas said he found it on one of the wooden chairs when he entered" I clarified to Jaden for understanding and then I turned to Lucas. He was still seated on the bench.

"What the hell does that mean?" I enquired from Lucas.

"I'm assuming that's where your brother is" Lucas explained "The paper was lying visibly on the bench. I'm sure the person who took Genesis wants us to go there"

"Hangar's point is a forbidden and sacred place in the land of Philia because it's the last place the birds were seen."

"By the person, you mean my dad?" I solemnly asked. I knew he was obviously referring to my dad but it wouldn't hurt to confirm.