Chapter 26 - Onism

Quickly, I hid the hand behind my back in a bid for Jaden not to spot it. I didn't want to be asked random questions now.

"Are you alright?" I heard him ask me with a concern face on. I grabbed Jaden by the arm and engulfed him an hug without even giving him a reply.

"Are you fine?" Jaden enquired. I nodded my head still shaken up from the dream.
He drew me back a bit and looked me straight in the eyes "You sure?"

Candidly, I wasn't fine but I wasn't exactly about to tell Jaden that. If I told him that I wasn't fine, he would ask me why and I would have no choice but to tell him about the weird dream I had just had – and I didn't want to talk about the dream just yet.

Possibly, the dream was a mere figment of my imagination. Dreams were never supposed to be ever real in the first place.

Plastering the fakest smile I could muster on my lips, I tell Jaden "It was nothing trust me. I'm fine" I pushed myself out of his embrace and stand up from my bed.

My eyes took in his facial expression and I knew he was internally debating whether he should persist in asking or not. I used the opportunity to wipe the tears that remained on my cheek.

"Um" Jaden started saying as he nervously scratched his head "I have a surprise for you outside" I was thankful that he didn't raise anymore question concerning the matter again but I was curious to the surprise he claimed to have for me.

The time on the clock testified that it was pretty late. "What's that?" I probed inquisitively.

"Just come outside and see for yourself" Jaden gave me a reassuring smile allowing his cute dimple show.

After much thought , I resolved to follow him- It's not like he was a serial killer or something.

"Sure" I headed towards the door to go out.

He eyed me before telling me "You should probably change from your pajamas before coming outside"

"Give me five minutes to get changed "I saw nothing wrong with what I was wearing but I didn't want to make much fuss about it, so I just willingly agreed.

Jaden went out of the room to wait for me. I wiggled into a pair of jeans and wore a red blouse on top of it.

Afterwards, I went out of the room and motioned to Jaden that I was done. Jaden nodded and followed while staying behind me.

"Don't make any sound or you'd wake up Dr Matt- He's a light sleeper" Jaden whispered to me.

All the lights of the house had been turned off meaning that everyone had fallen asleep. We only needed to get past the sitting room and we'd be at the front door.

As we were passing the sitting room to get to the front door, I accidentally knocked over a vase close to the television.

The vase went stumbling down on the ground and made a loud clattering noise as it broke into pieces.

"Shit" Jaden said underneath his breathe. I just prayed the clattering sound didn't make too much noise to have woken Dr Matt and co up.

Jaden quickly got down on his knees and began packing the glass from the floor. I got down on my knees and assisted him.

"I'm so sorry" I finally whisper to him. I was such a klutz. "Dr Matt's going to kill me"

The vase looked really expensive and I highly doubted if I had the money to pay back the cost of the vase.

Hell, I didn't even have any money to pay for the vase if I wanted too "They wouldn't notice the vase is gone" Jaden enlightened me.

"That's comforting news" I said as I sighed in relief. We swiftly packed the remainder glass pieces off the floor.
Jaden brought a disposable black bag from the kitchen and went ahead to put the broken pieces inside.